Have an early class, a weekend exam or a late-night project? Ryerson's Commuter Hostel offers commuter students a short-term accommodation on-campus in support of their academic success.
Commuter Hostel is open during September to April. Please note, spaces are first-come first-served.
- Commuter Hostel will not be in operation as of March 14, 2020. Bookings will not be accepted until further notice.
- Commuter Hostel runs September 2 to December 14 (last night to stay is December 13), closes for Winter Break, reopens January 5 to April 25 (last night to stay is April 24), and closes for Spring/Summer.
- Dates fill up quickly. You can choose to be added to the waitlist using the same booking form at the bottom of this page.
- Booking request form is at the bottom of this page.
- Please read over all policies and information listed here prior to submitting a booking request.
- Booking requests are not confirmed bookings.
- If a night is listed as fully booked, you can submit a request to be on the waitlist. You will receive a waitlist email from us and will be contacted when a space becomes available.
- Your request will be processed and replied to before the intended arrival date.
- Our standard response time is within 48 business hours. Office is closed on the weekends and on statutory holidays. There will be delays during the beginning of semester due to high volume of submitted applications.
- Commuter Hostel is open to current Ryerson students, staff, and faculty only.
- All guests must be familiar with and agree to abide by our google docCommunity Standards, external link and the policies outlined in our PDF fileContract
- All guests must check-in with their OneCard or government-issued photo ID.
- Booking requests must be made at least 48 hours in advance of intended check-in date.
- Saturday, Sunday and Monday night booking requests must be made by 3pm of the previous Thursday.
- Guests can stay a maximum of 3 nights in a row, 9 nights total in a month.
- Not a current Ryerson student or looking for a longer stay? Check out temporary options near Ryerson.
- Students: $35/night for one person, $45/night for two people ($22.50 each), no taxes.
- Payment made via RAMSS.
- Both guests must be current Ryerson students
- Staff/faculty: $60+HST/night for one person and $70+HST/night for two people ($35 each).
- A payment link will be sent when booking is accepted.
- We accept Visa, Master, and American Express.
- All guests must be familiar with and agree to abide by our google docCommunity Standards, external link and the policies outlined in our PDF fileContract as well as on this page. Submitting a booking request indicates that you have read and agree to our policies. Failure to comply can result in eviction, fees, and/or banning from future Commuter Hostel bookings.
- Commuter Hostel is located:
- Ryerson's International Living/ Learning Center (ILC) Residence at 240 Jarvis St.
- Check-in between 4pm-midnight; check-out by 11am.
- ILC: Residence Service Desk on the ground floor
- No early check-in or late check-out.
- Guests will receive their key and wristband at check-in. Guests are expected to wear their wristband at all times to access the residence during their stay. Guests must return key and wristband at check-out.
- Students staying in Commuter Hostel are not permitted to have visitors. Commuter Hostel student guests found having visitors will be required to leave immediately with their visitors and will be banned from making future Commuter Hostel bookings.
- ILC Rooms include: a double-bed with linens and an en-suite bathroom plus towels and basic toiletries, pull-out couch available in some rooms.
- A limited number of hairdryer can be signed-out from the Service Desk.
- Single rooms and double rooms share the same inventory.
- Local phone calls and WiFi available in room.
- No parking or luggage storage available.
- Doors do not lock behind them; guests must lock door upon entry and exit.
- If you experience any issues during your stay, please visit the Service Desk or call 7700 for ILC/ call 544440 for DCC
- Hungry during your stay? Check out the ILC Mutual St Eatery for cafeteria options.
- For access to a TV, visit the ILC After 7 Lounge (on ground floor) or the DCC study lounge (every two floor)
- All bookings must be cancelled in writing to email@example.com by 4:00pm at least 1 day prior to the scheduled arrival date, otherwise the booking charge will be charged for no-show.
- All modifications must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. A booking charge may apply if the modification is requested within 24 hours of scheduled arrival date.
Booking Request Forms: Online booking requests only.
Before submitting requests:
You must first read over all information above, and be logged into your My Ryerson Account to access either form. You may need to use a private browsing window (e.g. Chrome's Incognito mode) if you still cannot access the form.
- Students: Bookings are currently unavailable for Winter 2020 until further notice
- Staff/Faculty: Bookings are currently unavailable for Winter 2020 until further notice
(Please note the higher rate for staff/faculty)