The LEAD Certificate program is a cohort program completed over six months and includes more than 26 hours of class time.
The certificate program is delivered with campus partners, guest facilitators, current leadership materials, as well as an eLearning and experiential learning component.
Through the various workshops, participants will be able to:
- increase employee engagement through inclusive leadership, creative thinking, coaching and collaborative decision-making;
- raise self-awareness and understand varying communication styles to assist in your approach to leadership, as well as to build leadership capability through identification of natural leadership strengths;
- learn how to give and receive effective feedback and engage productively in difficult conversations with all levels of the organization;
- learn how to maximize your team's performance by leveraging your team’s strengths and leading inclusively and empathetically;
- apply knowledge and skills acquired during the program in a pragmatic way that promotes a coaching culture;
- lead strategically and innovatively through process analysis and collaborative strategic planning;
- increase your understanding and application of change management and change management principles to enable your leadership capability in leading and supporting your team through the implementation of change initiatives.
- Understanding Leadership and Ryerson Values
- Lumina Spark
- Lumina Leader
- Developing a Coaching Culture
- Fostering Inclusion
- Difficult Conversations - Mastering Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Strategic Thinking - The Strategic Mindset and Employee Engagement
- High Impact Leadership: Effective Conflict Resolution
- Managing Change