Dr. Upal Nath
Upal Nath is an Assistant Professor at the Ted Rogers School of Information Technology Management. Before joining Ryerson, Upal was the Assistant Academic Director and an Assistant Professor at the University of Denver, Colorado. He also held a research position at the Division of General Internal Medicine at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
Being a computer scientist by training, Upal has research interests in machine learning, deep learning, data science, big data, predictive analytics and their applications in health services research, population health, epidemiology and health informatics. Upal was the Director of the Population Health Research Unit (now known as Health Data Nova Scotia) at Dalhousie University as well. Before joining Dalhousie, Upal taught at the Sobey School of Business at Saint Mary’s University in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- TRSM Research Development Grant ($7,000), 2018
- Ph.D., Information Science, Otago University, New Zealand
- M.S., Computer Science, State University of New York, Stony Brook, U.S.A
- M.Sc., Computer Science, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- B.Sc. (Honors), Computer Science, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh