ITM 90A/B Graduation Project
The graduation project (ITM 90A/B) is a full year project whose scope is the IS function of integrating business processes, functions, and technologies, as part of an enterprise solution. The focus is on the creation of functions, technologies and business processes, as part of an enterprise solution. Value creation through the integrated production and distribution of products, services, and information will be emphasized.
Throughout this project, students will learn to apply models and frameworks, to analyze and integrate business functions, processes, and technologies and communicate solutions concisely. Students will also learn to apply business strategic management capabilities to qualify the models and frameworks being used to integrate the business functions. The project will involve a real-life client organization.
The ITM 90A/B course (Capstone Project) spans two semesters. The very first step is to form a group with your peers and acquire a client.
ITM 90A (First Semester)
- Month 1: Complete an industry analysis.
- Month 2: Complete a process analysis within the company.
- Month 3: Develop a new process design or perform a process redesign.
- Month 4: An interim report is due during this month.
ITM 90B (Second Semester)
- Month 5: Complete a requirements analysis.
- Month 6: Complete a feasibility analysis and Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Month 7: Develop implementation plan.
- Month 8: Final report and presentations take place.
4 Year Program & Co-op Students
Successful completion of ALL REQUIRED courses in the first three years of the program and a minimum of 25 completed credits. It is strongly recommend that Professional Electives from Table I in Semester 5 & 6 are complete to meet minimum requirements.
2 Year Public Ontario College Diploma Students
Successful completion of ALL 10 courses in the 1st and 2nd semester of the curriculum.
Direct Entry Students
Successful completion of ALL Reachback courses listed on your Offer of Admission in addition to ALL Required (Professional/Professionally-Related) courses in the 5th and 6th semester.
Note to Students
As per the external,Ryerson Undergraduate Calendar, ITM 90A/B is a two-term course that starts in the 7th semester (Fall – ITM 90A) and continues through the 8th semester (Winter – 90B).
As such, please note that a Winter (ITM 90A) & Spring/Summer (ITM 90B) is not guaranteed and students should plan to complete any prerequisite courses accordingly.
During the course intention process, students will only be required to enroll in ITM 90A* and the Registrar’s Office will process the enrollment for ITM 90B.
- Since some of the required courses are not offered every semester, it is each student's individual responsibility to manage their course planning to ensure all prerequisites are met.
- Students should consult their Academic Advisement Report to view their degree requirements.
Industry Professionals & Future Clients
- Have our students solve a pressing problem in your organization at no cost.
- Gain different perspectives from young minds.
- Support and inspire a new generation of IT professionals.
- Support the Ryerson community and join its network of sponsors.
- Test-run talents for eight-months before hiring them.
- Have an active interest in the project.
- Willing to commit and work with students over two terms (eight months).
- Must be willing to share some confidential information about your company.
- Note: All students/group members will sign a confidentiality agreement to protect the privacy of your organization.
- Your company must be headquartered in Canada.
- Have at least 30 employees (including full-time, part-time or volunteer staff) OR have a comprehensive project in mind!
- Be open to using information technology to improve your operations.
Over the last 10 years, more than 400 organizations from major public corporations to owner-managed businesses, from large not-for-profits to small volunteer-driven charities, have worked with BTM student groups.
Many clients use the students’ work as a form of pilot before starting their own project. Others proceed to implement the students’ recommendations. At minimum, some are just happy to have provided an opportunity for students to carry out a worthwhile project.
If interested, please send us an email at email@example.com stating your interest in becoming a Capstone Client, along with a brief background of your company!
Are you a professional who is interested in joining the judging panel of Graduation Project presentations?
- Industry professional's with managerial experience in IT or related fields.
- Your insightful knowledge and critical feedback of presentations.
- Availability to attend BOTH presentation dates per class section or group.
- Meet new generation of BTM professionals.
- Evaluate students’ Capstone presentations.
- Share your expertise and inspire young minds.
- Advocate and promote your organization.
- Become a part of a network of Ryerson mentors.
- Be recognized by the Ted Rogers School of Information Technology Management.
Eligible panel judges will have the opportunity to select available time slots that fit their schedule. In order to ensure presentations are judged fairly, you must be able to attend both presentation sessions per class section and stay for the entire duration. Once approved, we will email you confirmation details.
"It is truly a gift to have such a capable and passionate team step up to take on such an important initiative in support of a small, grassroots nonprofit organization like us. This was much more than a graduating year project. What you have produced and achieved will make a significant difference to the amount of funds that we are able to raise, our reach in the community, and most importantly the number of children with congenital heart disease that we are able to send to summer camp."
"The student team demonstrated great initiative and energy from the initial approach right through to delivery of the final report. The team’s deliverables were consistently of high quality and their communications with the various departments were thoughtful, well-planned, and professional at all times. The final solution shows a payback period within 15 months of use, and an even higher rate of return if we can invest the savings as planned. This project is an example of the high quality work that these students can deliver; it’s also a good example of the benefits that can be achieved through University/Business partnerships."