Research Assistant Opportunity - Deadline to Apply: February 4, 2018
Are you a graduate student looking for an opportunity to build your research portfolio and further develop your research skills? Then this might be the opportunity for you.
Exploring Depression Acuity Using User Generated Content in Social Media
In this project, we aim to use social media data to analyze depression and mental wellness. Social media is indicative of an individual’s mental state. Despite great efforts have been made in the field of detecting depression, many questions still remain to be answered. How can we discover useful and actionable knowledge about patient behavior from such massive scale of data? how can we present the results such that physicians can see analytics presented visually, so they can grasp difficult concepts or identify new patterns? The project objective is to design and develop a learning system to uncover patterns within such a big data resource to build models to identify depressions.
- Deep analytical skills, strong out-of-the-box thinking and a curious mind
- Technologically adept and especially demonstrate an understanding of database, data mining and computer software. Technical familiarity with the following technology and tools: R, Python, Excel.
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to self-audit work
- User of Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to convey complex requirements in a clear, concise and credible manner
- Working knowledge of statistics, targeting, propensity and data-modeling
- Experience in healthcare and mental health is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) in Information Technology, Decision Analysis, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Health informatics, or any other related quantitative field.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: TBD
Hours per week: approx. 10
Hourly Rate: $20-$30/hr
Method of Application: Submit the following via email to the Supervisor, Dr. Morteza Zihayat (email@example.com) by Sunday, February 4, 2018
- Cover letter & Resume
- 2 references