Connecting with Ryerson Security & Emergency Services
There are many different ways of contacting Ryerson Security to report an incident, request a service, ask a question or raise a concern.
General Telephone Calls
416-979-5040 (external phones) or ext. 5040 (internal phones) is the general purpose line that will connect you with a Ryerson’s Security & Emergency Services 24/7 communications staff.
- Report any security incident including suspicious behaviour
- Request a Walk Safe escort
- Ask a question about raise a concern about our services
- Obtain information about the various services that we provide
- Request a one-on-one safety planning session
- Dialing “80” is the number to call from internal phones in case of emergency.
- Campus payphones also have FREE one touch emergency dialing to Security & Emergency Services.
- Ryerson’s campus is also equipped with security blue phones for emergency and non-emergency use.
These three methods are direct lines to Security & Emergency Services’ 24/7 communications centre that are given priority over other non-emergency calls. These lines identify the location of the telephone from which the call originated. This will aid Security & Emergency Services in locating the caller more easily during emergency situations.
- Activating a blue “distress pull station” located in most hallways of buildings where classes are held.
- Activating the red “distress station” located in most accessibility stalls in washrooms.
Other ways to connect with Ryerson Security & Emergency Services
Visiting us at the Security & Emergency Services office at 111 Bond Street – BON 101
Call us using campus pay phones - By pushing the (free use) non-emergency yellow button
Call us using campus Blue Phones - By pushing the non-emergency black button
Approach any available Security & Emergency Services uniformed staff member in person (please don’t approach if we are already engaged with someone else except in an emergency)
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter (Integrated Risk Management) @RyersonSafety
Install our Ryerson Mobile app on your cell phone and clicking on ‘Ryerson Security’ and call us, email us or visit our website. Check out the app here http://m.ryerson.ca