You are now in the main content area
This online learning resource includes over 16,000 courses taught by real-world professionals. Courses and videos are personalized towards on-demand career skills and encourage engagement through additional features such as InMail, access to who's viewed their profile, and competitive insights on other job applicants.
Ryerson University was upgraded from Lynda.com to LinkedIn Learning on July 30, 2019. All faculty, staff, and students have access to the same library content with the added benefits of the expanded LinkedIn community. See below for other details about the transition from Lynda.com to LinkedIn Learning.
New Look, same Lynda.com content
LinkedIn Learning offers 100% of the same library content in a new, industry driven platform to help you build professional skills across a vast range of job functions.
“Playlists” are now “Collections”
Collections are great for sharing learning goal oriented courses and videos. Browse through collections curated by other industry professionals or create your own collections to watch later.
Still has the D2L Brightspace integration
- It is easy to access LinkedIn Learning from a D2L course shell with Single Sign On (SSO), using your Ryerson credentials, but you cannot track students' progress on their LinkedIn Learning activities.
- Your Lynda.com learning history, account info and certifications will be migrated to LinkedIn Learning.
- You can link/unlink your LinkedIn profile at any time
- It is optional for you whether to connect your Ryerson LinkedIn Learning account to your personal LinkedIn profile if you have one.
What happens if I connect to my LinkedIn profile?
- You will first login using your Ryerson credentials through either my.ryerson.ca or D2L Brightspace, and then login again using your LinkedIn credentials
- Notifications from LinkedIn Learning with recommendations appearing within your LinkedIn profile
- More personalised content recommendations based on what your contacts and people with similar interests and roles are watching
- More insights into learning trends, what LinkedIn influencers and thought leaders are recommending etc.
- Please keep in mind that you are not required to connect your personal LinkedIn profile to your Ryerson LinkedIn Learning account.
Ryerson will only see your LinkedIn profile photo. We won’t have access to any other information from your LinkedIn profile. For more details please Privacy Information, external link and User Agreement (Term), external link for LinkedIn Learning Learners.
Overview of LinkedIn Learning including user entitlement, details of the service and potential uses within the University.
Contact the Computing and Communications Help Desk or LinkedIn Learning for support.
These sample playlists provide ideas for how others are using LinkedIn Learning videos in Ontario.
Hear from our students and faculty on how they use LinkedIn Learning in their courses.
By accessing and using LinkedIn Learning via Ryerson’s portal and authentication system, my.ryerson.ca, LinkedIn Learning creates and maintains your account under your Ryerson email address (email@example.com).
, external link
Each of the cases in this book reflect a range of approaches and perspectives of using video-based resources to increase learner engagement.