UPDATE: Current license expiring September 21, 2021
For the past three years, Ryerson faculty, instructors, students and staff have had full access to LinkedIn Learning through a Ministry of Colleges and Universities license administered by eCampusOntario. The ministry license will expire on September 21, 2020.
Ryerson University has purchase a one-year campus-wide license. Faculties may consider purchasing access in the future.
The Library is also available to assist faculty and instructors in evaluating and selecting alternative resources. Among the resources available in the library, O’Reilly For Higher Education may be of help to some faculty members. Though not a full replacement, the IT training videos on O'Reilly mirror some of the LinkedIn Learning content. Some of the features are shown here on the O’Reilly website, external link.
For assistance or more information on the library's resources, please contact your subject liaison librarian or Electronic Resources Librarian, Lei Jin (firstname.lastname@example.org), Electronic Resources Acquisition Librarian.
Lynda.com becomes LinkedIn Learning
Ryerson University was upgraded from Lynda.com to LinkedIn Learning on July 30, 2019. All faculty, staff, and students have access to the same library content with the added benefits of the expanded LinkedIn community. Courses and videos are personalized towards on-demand career skills and encourage engagement through additional features such as InMail, access to who's viewed their profile, and competitive insights on other job applicants.
- You will first login using your Ryerson credentials through either my.ryerson.ca or D2L Brightspace, and then login again using your LinkedIn credentials
- Notifications from LinkedIn Learning with recommendations appearing within your LinkedIn profile
- More personalised content recommendations based on what your contacts and people with similar interests and roles are watching
- More insights into learning trends, what LinkedIn influencers and thought leaders are recommending etc.
- Please keep in mind that you are not required to connect your personal LinkedIn profile to your Ryerson LinkedIn Learning account.
Ryerson will only see your LinkedIn profile photo. We won’t have access to any other information from your LinkedIn profile. For more details please Privacy Information, external link and User Agreement (Term), external link for LinkedIn Learning Learners.