Chris Ambedkar is an award-winning educator, creator, and communicator. His professional work bridges academia and industry.
Chris has experience as the creative lead for the Ministry of Colleges & Universities in the Ontario Public Service where he leverages visual thinking and communication techniques to shape internal and external communication, including COVID-19 communications. As a lecturer, he challenges his students to build connections between their education, solve real-world problems, and drive positive social change. Specifically, Chris teaches in the areas of design, graphic communications, digital media, and interdisciplinary innovation.
Previously, Chris taught at Eva's Phoenix, an award-winning transitional housing and employment training facility for youth experiencing homelessness. He has also worked for Ryerson's marketing and creative services department. Chris is a former YouTube content creator and appeared as a guest on the CBC's The National. He proudly bleeds Ryerson blue and gold and you bet he knows which Pantone swatches those are too!
Chris hopes to add value to the world through creativity, innovation, education, and research.
- BTech, Ryerson University (Graphic Communications Management)
- MDM, Ryerson University (Master of Digital Media)
- Visual Design - Graphic design, layout, typography, visual communications
- Digital Communities and Culture - Social media behaviours, digital communications, online culture
- Creativity and Collaboration Techniques - Ideation and brainstorming methods
- Digital Marketing - Public sector marketing and communications, COVID-19 branding and marketing communications