Admissions & Applying
Thank you for your interest in the BSc, Mathematics program at Ryerson University. We offer two undergraduate programs: Mathematics and Its Applications, and Financial Mathematics. Both programs have identical admission requirements.
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher pre-requisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Advanced Functions (MHF4U)
- One of Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U) or Mathematics of Data Management (MDM4U)
- One of Physics (SPH4U) (recommended), Biology (SBI4U) or Chemistry (SCH4U)
- The minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 65-70% range) will be determined subject to competition.
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available at:
International Students & All Other Applicants
If you are not applying from an Ontario secondary school, additional or other requirements may apply. This includes students who are:
- applying from another province
- internationally educated
- transferring from another university
- a mature student
Please view these requirements for all other applicants.