The Ted Rogers MBA Admissions Committee reviews every application on an individual basis. All admission requirements are considered, with emphasis on strong academic credentials, work experience and leadership potential. Applications are considered on a rolling basis once a complete application is received. Admission decisions are communicated within 3 to 6 weeks.
The Ted Rogers MBA considers non-traditional candidates for the MBA program. To discuss whether your specific education or work background is a good fit with our program, please email your CV to our recruitment team at email@example.com
Starting the Application Process
- Completion of a four-year Bachelor degree
- Complete your Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
- Prepare your supporting documents. Review what you will need to submit.
All applications for graduate programs at Ryerson University are done online through the Yeates Graduate Studies page. Please note:
- It will take approx. 1 hour to complete the online application
- Save your application regularly to avoid losing your work
Please have the following items prepared:
- Four-year bachelor's degree from a recognized institution.*
- Business bachelor's degrees: Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor of Commerce (BComm) or equivalent business degree exempts you from foundation courses.
- Other bachelor's Degrees: Foundation courses will be required; exemptions are
based on courses taken during an undergraduate degree.
- GPA requirement: Overall average of 3.0/4.33 (B) or higher in the final two years of university study, including post-graduate university programs. For information about calculating your GPA visit the Yeates School of Graduate Studies
- English Proficiency Score: Required from all applicants who have degrees from institutions in which English is not the language of instruction or examination. For information about English Proficiency accepted tests and minimums scores visit the Yeates School of Graduate Studies
- GMAT score: A minimum score of 550, the average GMAT score from recent cohorts is 628. Highest valid GMAT score will be used for consideration. GMAT code: 3QP-56-33
- Work Experience: A comprehensive resume outlining a minimum of two years full-time professional work experience. On average, applicants have five years of work experience. Applicants with degrees from outside of Canada and less than two years North American work experience will be required to complete up to four Canadian Business courses as part of their MBA program.
- References: Contact information for two references must be provided, one reference should be from a former instructor at the post-secondary level, and the other from a current or recent employer.
- Statement of Interest: Approximately 500 words outlining your reasons for graduate study, your career objectives, the research interest(s) you may wish to pursue in the MBA or MBA in Management of Technology & Innovation, how your previous studies and experience have prepared you for the program.
- Interview: After the submission of your application, you will be contacted to complete an online video interview.
* Copies of transcripts must be provided with your online application. Upon receiving an offer of admission, applicants must submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions.
For information on transcripts visit the Yeates School of Graduate Studies.
At Ryerson, all graduate applications are submitted online through the Yeates School of Graduate Studies. Submitting a complete application package is a two-part process. You can read details about the process on our Graduate Studies site and learn how to:
Submit your application through OUAC and
Upload your documents. (Please include all post-secondary transcripts with your application.)
The system is easy-to-use and saves you time. The online system is mandatory; paper applications mailed to the Graduate Admissions and Recruitment Office will not be accepted.
Monitor the status of your application and document submissions on the Applicant Upload portal.
Once an admission decision has been reached, you will be notified by email.
Please visit International Student Support for important information including study permits and living in Toronto.