You are now in the main content area
Industrial Undergraduate Professional Experience
The industrial engineering program offers paid, full-time co-operative internship opportunities. Our students and alumni can’t say enough about how taking part in co-op transformed their education, their careers and their lives. It’s no surprise. Studies have shown that the benefits of co-op are vast, including opportunities to:
- Develop crucial skills such as communication, teamwork and leadership.
- Experience first-hand exactly what engineering employers expect.
- Broaden your professional network and make lasting industry connections.
- Gain an edge in today’s competitive job market.
As part of your studies, you’ll have the opportunity to work for leading companies in Canada, such as Loblaw Companies Ltd., Scotiabank and Walmart Canada – building your resumé, your network and your confidence along the way.
$45,500 average annual
8-16 months of
The FEAS co-op office is the primary contact for all questions related to:
- job postings, applications, and interviews
- job accommodation needs
- co-operative internship program events and workshops
- Ryerson’s Co-op Portal troubleshooting
Shirley Dacanay, co-operative internship administrator, is the primary contact for all questions related to the:
- co-operative internship program enrolment application process
Dr. Mohamed Wahab Mohamed Ismail, co-operative internship faculty advisor, is the primary contact for all questions related to the:
- co-operative internship program enrolment application decision
- co-op report that you submit upon completion of your co-op placement
416-979-5000 ext. 552670
“Beyond improving my time management and teamwork skills, participating in co-op has opened my eyes to all of the options a career in industrial engineering has to offer. Using my expertise in the Ontario Ministry of Indigenous Affairs has been extremely rewarding and has made me excited to pursue a career that will allow me to contribute to society in a meaningful way.”
Industrial Engineering ’20
A free leadership program for second-year engineering and architectural science students, Ryerson NEXT’s workshops will give you the opportunity to zero in on your professional goals and to develop crucial communication and interpersonal skills. Apply to NEXT if you’re interested in the co-operative internship program in the future.
Are you an employer?
Visit our Employers & Industry Partners page to find out how you can connect with FEAS by hiring our co-op students, getting to know our experts, and more.