How to Apply
The MedTech Talent Accelerator Program is comprised of two parts: Explore MedTech, opens in new window and Experience MedTech, opens in new window. Explore MedTech consists of events and seminars designed to introduce students to the program and the MedTech industry. Explore MedTech events are open to everyone - no application is required.
Experience MedTech consists of courses, hands-on experience and an internship. To participate in Experience MedTech, students must submit an application. On this page, you'll find more information about the application process, timelines and who's eligbile to apply.
To apply for Experience MedTech, you must:
- Be a currently enrolled graduate student at Ryerson University or McGill University (in any MedTech related program of study).
- Have completed all of your coursework requirements and research, and will be in the writing phase of your thesis by
a) August 31st, 2021, This must be confirmed by your supervisor. You then should be able to take on a full time R&D internship with a MedTech company from September 1st, 2021 onwards for a 4-month (Masters) or 8-month period (PhD).
b) December 31st, 2021, This must be confirmed by your supervisor. You then should be able to take on a full time R&D internship with a MedTech company from January 2nd, 2022 onwards for a 4-month (Masters) or 8-month period (PhD).
c) April 30th, 2022, This must be confirmed by your supervisor. You then should be able to take on a full time R&D internship with a MedTech company from May 1st, 2022 onwards for a 4-month (Masters) or 8-month period (PhD).
3. Be ready to accept interviews and internships offered by our MedTech company partners. Students are only allowed to decline a maximum of TWO interview requests and a maximum of ONE internship offers with full justification. After this, the MedTech Talent Accelerator reserves the right to withdraw the student's application from the Experience MedTech program.
Please Note: Students should not directly correspond with MedTech company partners until after confirmation of an approved internship. Failure to do so could result in the disqualification of the student from the program
- For September 2021, January 2022 and May 2022 Internships, the application form is available.
- Information Session: May 19th, 2021
- Application Deadline: October 11th, 2021
- Notification of Decision: Ongoing
How to Apply
Explore MedTech is open to everyone. No application is necessary to attend Explore MedTech events. To apply for Experience MedTech, follow the steps below.
Prepare an application with the following items:
1. Confirmation from Supervisor
Have your supervisor confirm in writing (PDF fileuse this pdf form) that you will have completed your coursework and research activities related to your thesis by either August 31, 2021 OR December 31, 2021, OR April 30, 2022. Acquire the signatures needed, and save as a pdf file.
Prepare a resume/CV to submit to industry partners. We recommend that you connect with your Career Centre and have your resume/CV fully reviewed by a Career Consultant. Applications with poor-quality resumes will be rejected. Save this as a pdf file.
a. Contact Information:
i. Remove specific home address, email, and phone #. Resume circulated widely.
ii. Only include City, Province (Toronto, ON)
b. Key Item to include: Project management knowledge/experience
c. Industry prefers Resumes over CV
3. Pitch Yourself! (650 characters)
The purpose of a pitch is to describe yourself and your abilities to prospective employers. You want to give your potential employer a quick sense of who you are and a few strengths that you have to offer.
4. Behavioural Question (1 min video)
In a one minute video, please briefly introduce yourself and answer the following question: If your manager asks you to complete or do a task/project and you don’t know how to do it, what do you do? (please do not edit the video - needs to be a simple recording)
5. Unofficial Transcript
Save a pdf version of your unofficial transcript
Fill out the online application form, attach the materials outlined in Step 1 and submit your application.