Skip to main content

For Students: Getting Help

The following Ryerson services and
resources may be helpful to you:

Centre for Student Development & Counselling


Location: JOR 07C


The CSDC offers free, confidential counselling services for students in a professional and friendly environment. Services are provided by our team of psychologists, counsellors, and masters and doctoral interns.

Ryerson Medical Centre


Location: KHW 181


Ryerson’s family doctors can help you take care of your physical and mental health.

Ryerson Health Promotion

416-979-5000 ext. 4295

Location: KHW 279


Ryerson Health Promotion is a group of peer health promoters dedicated to promoting health and wellbeing on our university campus. They can provide you with information, resources and referrals to community agencies.

Academic Accommodation Support

Academic Accommodation Support helps students with single or multiple disabilities (such as learning disabilities, sensory impairments, acquired brain injuries, ADHD, and mental health, medical, and mobility issues). The Centre helps students secure academic accommodations so that they can fully participate in their academic experience at Ryerson.

International Student Services

416-979-5000 ext. 6655

Location: POD 50A


International Student Services supports international students by offering individual assistance, orientation programs, information sessions, and networking events.

Aboriginal Student Services

416-979-5000 ext. 7699

Location: KHW 389


Aboriginal Student Services provides support for all First Nations, Aboriginal, Inuit, Metis, status and non-status students can balance academic learning with traditional teachings.

Centre for Women and Trans People

416-979-5255 ext. 2350

SCC 210


The Centre is a safe and inclusive place for all self-identified women on campus. It provides educational pamphlets, referrals and resources on issues that include racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, eating disorders, housing, sexual assault, pro-choice resources, violent relationships, support programs, and women’s health. Men are welcome to use the Centre’s resources, but need permission to enter. 

Ryerson Safe House

For more information contact the Centre for Student Development and Counselling (CSDC):




 The Ryerson Safe House provides free and confidential emotional support and assistance to Ryerson students who:

  • Are at immediate risk of physical, sexual or emotional abuse
  • Are fleeing unsafe or intolerable living conditions
  • Have been made suddenly homeless as a result of compelling or extreme circumstances.


Please see the Safe House Brochure [PDF] for more information.



Community & Online Resources:

Good2Talk - Post-Secondary Student Helpline


Good2Talk is a free, confidential, and anonymous helpline that provides professional counseling, information, and referrals on mental health, addictions and well-being. It serves all college and university students in Ontario.


Need help? Call 211

211 is a three-digit phone number and website that helps you find services in your community that relate to social, non-clinical health, and government services in Ontario.

Phone service is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in over 100 languages.

Canadian Mental Health Association, Toronto Branch



The Canadian Mental Association offers support services, public workshops and a variety of health initiatives that focus on mental health and wellbeing.


Drug & Alcohol Helpline:

Mental Health Helpline: 

Ontario Problem Gambling Helpline: 

ConnexOntario operates three helplines that provide health services information for people experiencing problems with gambling, drugs, alcohol, or mental illness.

Distress Centre of Toronto

Crisis Helpline: 416-408-4357



The Distress Centre of Toronto provides 24-hour telephone support, crisis response, and intervention, 365 days a year. 

The Gerstein Centre

Crisis Helpline: 416-929-5200

The Gerstein Centre offers telephone support for adults living in Toronto who are experiencing mental health crises.




Mental Health Help Line

The Mental Health Helpline provides information about mental health services in Ontario. We are funded by the Government of Ontario.


Get help now !