The new world of business needs a new kind of network — and networker.
Bold. Open. Collaborative. Ready to risk it all in order to build a better mousetrap and a much better world. If you think you’re that, then apply yourself here. There’s a whole new world to be mastered. Even better, our graduates have the 3rd highest compensation of any MBA program in Canada, at a third of the cost of most others. Who could ask for anything more — for less?
Watch our stories below:
Program duration depends on a number of factors, as outlined below:
12-MONTH ACCELERATED PROGRAM:
Applicants with a Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Commerce, or equivalent business degree. Applicants with at least two years North American work experience and completed their undergraduate degree within Canada.
Applicants with a non-business degree or business degree holders with less than two years of North American work experience or a degree from outside Canada.
UP TO 24-MONTH PROGRAM:
Applicants with a non-business degree and less than two years North American work experience or a degree from outside Canada.
Program duration depends on a number of factors, as outlined below:
Applicants with a Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent business degree.
Applicants with a non-business degree.
|Minimum of 3 courses per term
Maximum of 5 courses per term
|Minimum of 1 course per term
Maximum of 2 courses per term
|Approximately 9–15 classroom hours per week.
Classes may be scheduled in the morning, afternoon or evening.
|Approximately 3–6 classroom hours per week.
Classes are scheduled in the evening.
Approximately 25–40 hours per week
Approximately 10–20 hours per week
Program Start Dates
Full-time applicants with less than two years North American work experience or an undergraduate degree from outside Canada:
These candidates will be required to complete up to four Canadian Business courses. These courses run during the Spring term, therefore full-time applicants who may require Canadian Business courses should apply to start in the Spring term (May).
Full-time applicants without a business degree:
These candidates will be required to complete foundation courses. These courses run during the spring term, therefore full-time applicants who may require foundation courses should apply to start in the Spring term (May).
Full-time applicants with a business degree, and an undergraduate degree completed in Canada or at least 2 years North American work experience:
These candidates are eligible for the accelerated (12-month) MBA program and should apply to start in the Fall term (September).
All part-time applicants may start the MBA program in Winter term (January), Spring term (May) or Fall term (September).
Fees are charged on a per-course basis for both the full-time and part-time programs. Foundation and Canadian Business course fees are equivalent to the cost of 1 MBA credit.
Visit our fees page for more information.
The Ted Rogers MBA program provides practical education, encouraging students to take initiative, make decisions and be accountable for results.
Tackle challenging real-world management problems and have your solutions judged by industry and government leaders during Integrative Week/Weekend.
During their final semester, all Ted Rogers MBA students focus on the practical application of theory and conduct real-world analysis of a particular organizational issue, market, or management challenge. Students complete a final capstone project (major research paper or business plan) as well as an internship, international exchange or language and culture training.
The Ted Rogers MBA program uses a blend of learning methods to effectively teach course material:
Individual and group projects/presentations
Real-world business projects
In-class, lecture-based teaching
One-on-one with faculty, supervisor and second readers
Collaborate with peers and network with business leaders to strengthen your problem-solving abilities, present solutions, and optimize team communication.
Ted Rogers MBA students consistently own the podium at national and international MBA case competitions, ranking in the top three in all categories at the annual MBA Games.
Ninety percent of our faculty have over 10 years industry experience. Ted Rogers MBA students benefit from their extensive knowledge, research and real-world management experience, which enhances curriculum and learning.
The MBA Advisory Council is a diverse group of senior executives from a variety of industry partners. They consult on all aspects of the Ted Rogers MBA including curriculum, careers, and trends in industry.
Interact with and learn from senior business and industry leaders through the Ted Rogers MBA speaker series. Past guests have included Mark Shapiro, President & CEO of the Toronto Blue Jays; John Tory, Mayor of Toronto; Jeffrey Orridge, Commissioner of the Canadian Football League (CFL) and many more.
Starting the Application Process
- Completion of a four-year Bachelor degree
- Complete your Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
- Prepare your supporting documents. Review what you will need to submit.
All applications for graduate programs at Ryerson University are done online through the Yeates Graduate Studies page. Please note:
- It will take approx. 1 hour to complete the online application
- Save your application regularly to avoid losing your work
Please have the following items prepared:
- Four-year bachelor's degree from a recognized institution.*
- Business bachelor's degrees: Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor of Commerce (BComm) or equivalent business degree exempts you from foundation courses.
- Other bachelor's Degrees: Foundation courses will be required; exemptions are
based on courses taken during an undergraduate degree.
- GPA requirement: Overall average of 3.0/4.33 (B) or higher in the final two years of university study, including post-graduate university programs. For information about calculating your GPA visit the Yeates School of Graduate Studies
- English Proficiency Score: Required from all applicants who have degrees from institutions in which English is not the language of instruction or examination. For information about English Proficiency accepted tests and minimums scores visit the Yeates School of Graduate Studies
- GMAT score: A minimum score of 550, the average GMAT score from recent cohorts is 628. Highest valid GMAT score will be used for consideration. GMAT code: 3QP-56-33
- Work Experience: A comprehensive resume outlining a minimum of two years full-time professional work experience. On average, applicants have five years of work experience. Applicants with degrees from outside of Canada and less than two years North American work experience will be required to complete up to four Canadian Business courses as part of their MBA program.
- References: Contact information for two references must be provided, one reference should be from a former instructor at the post-secondary level, and the other from a current or recent employer.
- Statement of Interest: Approximately 500 words outlining your reasons for graduate study, your career objectives, the research interest(s) you may wish to pursue in the MBA or MBA in Management of Technology & Innovation, how your previous studies and experience have prepared you for the program.
- Interview: After the submission of your application, you will be contacted to complete an online video interview.
* Copies of transcripts must be provided with your online application. Upon receiving an offer of admission, applicants must submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions.
For information on transcripts visit the Yeates School of Graduate Studies.
At Ryerson, all graduate applications are submitted online through the Yeates School of Graduate Studies. Submitting a complete application package is a two-part process. You can read details about the process on our Graduate Studies site and learn how to:
Submit your application through OUAC and
Upload your documents. (Please include all post-secondary transcripts with your application.)
The system is easy-to-use and saves you time. The online system is mandatory; paper applications mailed to the Graduate Admissions and Recruitment Office will not be accepted.
Monitor the status of your application and document submissions on the Applicant Upload portal.
Once an admission decision has been reached, you will be notified by email.
Please visit International Student Support for important information including study permits and living in Toronto.
Where Our Alumni Work
Based on over 800 alumni
The Ted Rogers MBA put me in a position to take control of my career and had a major impact on developing my communication and professional skills as a manager. The level of support from faculty and my classmates made for a special experience.