The Canadian Nursing Students' Association (CNSA) is the national voice of Canadian nursing students. We are individuals, chapters, and lifetime/honorary members representing the interests and passions of students studying to be Registered Nurses (RN), Registered Psychiatric Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses (RPN), and Advanced Practice Nurses across Canada.
As a full-time/part-time/collaborative/post-diploma Nursing student at Ryerson University, you are also automatically a member of the Canadian Nursing Students Association (CNSA) - Ryerson Chapter.
The CNSA is an affiliate student group on campus. An affiliate student group is comprised of RSU members who share an interest in an academic-related project or an academic program-based issue. Student groups and programs may have external affiliations such as professional societies. Affiliate groups do not have the same privileges as Course Unions, however they do provide students with additional resources and opportunities to bring external perspectives and issues to their students.
Our Chapter Values:
- Professional Development
- Leadership and Empowerment
Our Chapter Objectives:
- To increase awareness of CNSA and its related interests among nursing students and faculty.
- To nurture professional development and empower students to be leaders.
- To foster a sense of community within our Ryerson Chapter.
- To promote constructive and accountable collaborations among the three satellite sites including Ryerson University, Centennial College, and George Brown College.
- Arrange discount student group rates for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Level HCP and Standard First Aid (SFA)
- Provide nursing equipment, such as stethoscopes, sphygmomanometers, and penlights
- Professional Development Workshops
POD-454, Podium Building
Ryerson University, Daphne Cockwell School of Nursing
350 Victoria Street
Phone: 416-979-5000, ext. 6335
Official Website: https://www.facebook.com/ncu.cnsa