Enza Gucciardi PhD is a professor in the School of Nutrition at Ryerson University. She has an undergraduate degree in Nutritional Sciences from Ryerson University, a Masters degree in Community Health and Epidemiology from the Department of Public Health Sciences and a PhD from the Institute of Medical Sciences, both from the University of Toronto.
Dr. Gucciardi's program of research addresses the current challenges of delivering effective self-management support to the increasing population of Canadians with diabetes, or at risk for diabetes. She primarily focuses on diabetes self-management practices, the participation and delivery of diabetes self-management education and support programs, and the use, coordination and integration of diabetes management resources and services across the health care system. She also examines the intersection of food insecurity and diabetes self-management, developing screening tools and other strategies for care provider to better support self-management among this vulnerable population. Dr. Gucciardi adopts an interdisciplinary approach and uses mixed methodologies in her research.
- FNN 400: Advanced Nutrition and Health
- FNP 500: Professional Practice - Diabetes self-management education
- FNR 100: Introduction to Research Methods and Statistics
- FNR 310: Senior Quantitative Research Project
- FNR 400 & 401: Independent Research Project
- NC 8101: Appraising Scientific Evidence
- NC 8102: Nutrition and Health Behaviour