Admissions for Dietetics (PMDip)
To be considered for admission to Ryerson’s Professional Master's Diploma in Dietetics, you must meet the minimum program requirements:
1. You must be eligible to study in Canada and have graduated from a Dietitians of Canada or Partnership for Dietetic Education and Practice (PDEP) accredited Canadian undergraduate nutrition program, external link, opens in new window:
- Within the past three years*
- Applicants must have a minimum B average (3.0/4.33) in final two years of a PDEP accredited undergraduate nutrition degree
*If you graduated from an accredited Canadian undergraduate program more than three years ago (from convocation date to application deadline), you must contact the College of Dietitians of Ontario to complete the Knowledge and Competency Assessment tool, external link, opens in new window.
2. This program is open to qualified applicants who wish to become registered dietitians. It is not open to individuals who are/have been dietitians in Canada or elsewhere.
3. If you completed your education outside Canada please contact the College of Dietitians of Ontario, external link
1) Application submission summary Once you submit your online OUAC application, you will be directed to a summary of the information you submitted. Please save a copy of this .pdf summary and upload it as prompted when you log in to the Ryerson Application Upload portal.2) Statement of interest Your statement should be well composed, clear and concise and include:
- Your reasons for applying to the PMDip Dietetics program and why you selected this partner hospital
- How your values align with the partner hospital’s valuesHow your previous studies and experiences have prepared you for this program and specifically how it has prepared you for the partner hospital
- Your career objectives and how the opportunities within the PMDip Dietetics program and the partner organization will advance them
- Business letter format
- Addressed to the Partner Hospital Practicum Coordinator (see contact information under “Program inquiries”)
- Maximum 1 page in length, single spaced, 1 inch margins
- Minimum 11 point font
Submission: How to submit your statement of interest3) A current resume (maximum 2 pages) Please include details about responsibilities and skills relevant to dietetics (e.g., transferable skills such as leadership, education, customer service). When highlighting your experiences describe how they have prepared you for success in the PMDip program. Include the number of hours for all volunteer and work experiences. Also highlight relevant certificates, memberships, research activities, awards, and extracurricular activities.4) Three letters of recommendation Students will provide contact information for each referee during the online application process. It is crucial that you enter accurate contact information for each referee. Ryerson’s Graduate Admissions office will contact your referees directly after you complete your online application. Referees will submit their reference letters directly to the admission office.
Select referees who can speak to your experience and readiness for the PMDip program. This may include managers, supervisors, dietitians, academics, or other professional contacts. There is no requirement for an academic referee. Referees should not be personal contacts (e.g., relatives or friends).5) Transcripts for all relevant post-secondary education If you are currently a student, upload your unofficial transcripts after your fall grades are posted. Official transcripts showing degree completion will be requested if you accept an offer of admission.6) Proof of English language proficiency For those whose previous language of instruction was not English. 7) Confirmation of completion form Completed by staff of the accredited undergraduate program you attended which verifies your eligibility to apply for a PDEP accredited graduate program.
Complete your online application by 11 p.m. on November 30, 2020 and upload all required documents to the Ryerson Applicant Upload portal by 11 p.m. on January 10, 2021 to be guaranteed consideration for fall 2021 admission. Applications for the PMDip Dietetics program which are completed after this date will not be reviewed for fall 2021 admission.
The Partner Hospitals indicated on your partner selection forms will invite selected applicants to an admissions interview in early February. We will notify interviewed applicants of admissions decisions in early March, and will notify all other applicants of an admissions decision on a rolling basis.