1) Application submission summary Once you submit your online OUAC application, you will be directed to a summary of the information you submitted. Please save a copy of this .pdf summary and upload it as prompted when you log in to the Ryerson Application Upload portal.
2) Statement of interest Your statement should be well composed, clear and concise and include:
- Your reasons for applying to the PMDip Dietetics program and why you selected this partner hospital
- How your values align with the partner hospital’s valuesHow your previous studies and experiences have prepared you for this program and specifically how it has prepared you for the partner hospital
- Your career objectives and how the opportunities within the PMDip Dietetics program and the partner organization will advance them
- Business letter format
- Addressed to the Partner Hospital Practicum Coordinator (see contact information under “Program inquiries”)
- Maximum 1 page in length, single spaced, 1 inch margins
- Minimum 11 point font
Submission: How to submit your statement of interest
3) A current resume (maximum 2 pages) Please include details about responsibilities and skills relevant to dietetics (e.g., transferable skills such as leadership, education, customer service). When highlighting your experiences describe how they have prepared you for success in the PMDip program. Include the number of hours for all volunteer and work experiences. Also highlight relevant certificates, memberships, research activities, awards, and extracurricular activities.
4) Three letters of recommendation Students will provide contact information for each referee during the online application process. It is crucial that you enter accurate contact information for each referee. Ryerson’s Graduate Admissions office will contact your referees directly after you complete your online application. Referees will submit their reference letters directly to the admission office.
Select referees who can speak to your experience and readiness for the PMDip program. This may include managers, supervisors, dietitians, academics, or other professional contacts. There is no requirement for an academic referee. Referees should not be personal contacts (e.g., relatives or friends).
5) Transcripts for all relevant post-secondary education If you are currently a student, upload your unofficial transcripts after your fall grades are posted. Official transcripts showing degree completion will be requested if you accept an offer of admission.
6) Proof of English language proficiency For those whose previous language of instruction was not English.
7) Confirmation of completion form Completed by staff of the accredited undergraduate program you attended which verifies your eligibility to apply for a PDEP accredited graduate program.