Skip to main content
Office of the Ombudsperson - Confidential, Impartial and Independent


Where else to go for help with solving a problem?

If you haven’t already done so, start by speaking to your instructor and/or your Chair or Program Director or the appropriate administrative department to try and resolve your issue. Students can also consult with the student advocate at the Ryerson Students’ Union (RSU full-time students) or at CESAR (part-time students and CE students).

Depending on the nature of your concern we may refer you to other relevant offices on campus. For example, for issues involving the Ontario Human Rights Code (i.e. discrimination on the basis of: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, same-sex partnership status, family status or disability) the Office to contact is Human Rights Services.

Important Dates

Other RU Services for Students & Directory

Support Off Campus

Remember to check the RU SIGNIFICANT DATES for Appeal, Transfer credit and other deadlines!

Please look at the Appeal Package here.

RSU & CESAR Appeal Workshops

Academic Probation, RTW, PPW - What are my Options?

Workshops :

U201- January 9th 2019

Venue: Layton Room - Oakham House

U201-January 14th 2019

Venue: Margaret Laurence-SCC




Layout 1

The Ombudsperson's 2016-2017 Annual Report to the Ryerson community is now available!



Please provide your FEEDBACK about the Ombuds Office via our Confidential Survey.