How to Register
Registration is done online through our registration portal. Click the "Register Here" button to proceed.
Some of our programs require successful submission of additional materials to gain admittance. Below is a list of Application+ Programs and instructions on how to apply.
Applications for Summer 2020 are due June 15th
Applications for the Musical LIT program are accepted via email on a rolling basis. After submitting, you can expect a response within 2 weeks. Please get in touch if you plan on submitting or would like more information.
First Time Applicants
To be considered for the Musical LIT program, prepare an application with the following materials:
- A letter of reference (from a teacher, coach, community leader, etc.)
- A short letter of application written by you (max 1 page). In your letter, consider discussing: your past experience in musical theatre, an example of a time when you took on a leadership role, why you are hoping to be a part of this program, and how you plan on making use of leadership skills in other activities at school or in your community
Email your application to PYCprograms@ryerson.ca, opens in new window with subject line “Musical LIT Application+”
For those who participated in the Musical LIT program in 2017 or 2018, prepare an application with the following materials:
- A short letter of application (max. 1 page) outlining what skills you gained last year and why you hope to return
- A creative piece in response to the theme "Leadership through the Arts". This creative piece can take on any form you like (eg. poem, short film, visual art, musical submission, dance piece, etc)
Email submission to PYCprograms@ryerson.ca, opens in new window with subject line “Musical LIT Application+”
To be considered for the Dance Intensive: Conservatory Preparation, prepare an application with the following materials:
- Your dance resume outlining your previous training and performance experience
- A video of 2 contrasting solos, each no more than 60 seconds long. These videos are to be upload to a file sharing site (such as Dropbox, or Google Drive), and shared with us that way
Email your application to PYCprograms@ryerson.ca
Consideration for the BFA Dance Program
If you would like to be considered for entry to the Ryerson School of Performance BFA Dance program, please indicate this within your application. There will be an additional $50.00 audition fee and we will be in touch with information on how you can pay this. In additional to the materials listed above, you will also need to submit:
- A headshot
- Two letters of reference
Payment & Subsidies
Apart from our two programs that require an application (Musical LIT and Dance Intensive), we admit students based on a first-come-first serve basis. An application form must be completed before payment can be received. Payment for our Programs can be made in a number of ways:
- Credit card online at the time of registration
- Over the phone at 416-598-5947
- Certified cheques, mailed to:
Ryerson School of Performance
350 Victoria St
ATTN: Youth and Community Programs
We are able to offer some subsidies, based on need. To receive our subsidy application form, or to create an instalment payment plan that works with your finances, please email PYCprograms@ryerson.ca, opens in new window.