This placement takes place in the spring semester of the third year in the ProCom BA. The internship runs between 6 to 8 weeks (for a total of 240 to 420 hours) and may involve students performing such tasks as:
- Content development for internal or external communications
- Social media account management
- Corporate website maintenance and content creation
- Media relations, such as drafting press releases and compiling media contact lists
- Graphic design production
- Event planning and/or project support
Interested students must apply to register in the elective and must meet the following requirements:
- A cumulative minimum GPA average of 3.0 (B)
- A 500-word written submission
- One (1) work sample
- A résumé/CV
- An interview
Students are responsible for sourcing and securing their own individual placements.
Watch: ProCom BA Internship Information webinar:
Please view the PDF fileProCom Undergraduate Internship Handbook, opens in new window for more information.