Please note: updated grade ranges for 2019/2020 will be added to the program pages as they become available.
Nursing (BScN) > Four-Year Collaborative Program (Ryerson, Centennial, George Brown)
Full Time: Four Year
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
George Brown: 84-89%
Accredited by the Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing.
*Actual minimum grade ranges required for Fall 2019 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. Ryerson reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.
Gain a balance of theoretical and clinical knowledge through diverse clinical placements; simulation, group study and seminars; and interactive teaching strategies. Faculty and instructors with diverse teaching, research and professional experience across all three sites contribute to dynamic teaching and learning environments.
Write the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX), apply for registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario and have access to dynamic career opportunities in areas such as acute, chronic or long-term care hospitals and institutions; clinics and community health organizations; in public health, education, research, occupational health; in nursing administration, management and leadership. Pursue a master’s degree in nursing from Ryerson or other universities.
What You Need to Know
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent (see Alternative/Equivalent Standing below) with a minimum six Grade 12 U/M courses including the following program specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher averages:
- English/Anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Chemistry (SCH4U)
- Biology (SBI4U)
- Grade 11 U or M or Grade 12 U Mathematics (one of: MCF3M, MCR3U, MCV4U, MDM4U, MHF4U).
- Applicants who have been absent from full-time formal education for a period of ten years or longer may be required to repeat prerequisite subjects to ensure currency of knowledge and preparedness for the program.
- Applicants with prior university or college study must present a minimum CGPA of 2.33 (C+) and be considered 'In Good Standing' with no failures in core prerequisite subjects in order to be considered. Higher CGPA's/averages may be required subject to competition.
- Only applications to the first year of the Nursing program will be considered, and consideration is limited to applicants without prior post-secondary studies in Nursing. Advanced standing for students with prior Nursing studies cannot be considered. In addition, RPN diploma holders ineligible for Bridging-to-University programs and applicants who have completed a nursing degree will not be considered for admission.
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available at: