Please note: updated grade ranges for 2019/2020 will be added to the program pages as they become available.
Nursing (BScN) > Post Diploma
Full Time: Post-Diploma Degree Completion
Part Time: Post-Diploma Degree Completion
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Accredited by the Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing.
*Actual minimum grade ranges required for Fall 2019 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. Ryerson reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.
Courses in a clinical practice setting; possible work-study program; variety of flexible teaching approaches, including partial or full online instruction.
Apply extended learning and skill development to reshape our health-care system through exciting professional careers in areas such as acute, chronic or long-term care hospitals or institutions; ambulatory clinics, community and street health organizations; public health, education, research, occupational health; nursing administration and management. Pursue a master’s degree in nursing from Ryerson.
What You Need to Know
Domestic Fees Range: $7,095 - $7,598
International Fees Range: $27,218 - $28,570
Part-Time Format (One to Eight or More Courses)
Domestic Fees Range: $884 - $5,395
International Fees Range: $2,962 - $22,017
For detailed fees information visit Fees by Program.
One of the following criteria must be met:
- Criteria A: Canadian RN Nursing Diploma with a 3.0/B/70% CGPA or higher, and proof of current registration with a provincial or territorial regulatory body, or eligibility for registration in Ontario.
- Criteria B: Practical Nursing Diploma from a public Ontario College and Ryerson approved bridging program, each with a 3.0/B/70% CGPA or higher and no repeated courses or failures. (Effective fall 2017: The bridging program must be completed within the past five academic years.), and proof of eligibility for registration as a Registered Practical Nurse in Ontario
- Criteria C: International nursing studies with good academic standing, AND one of the following:
A Ryerson approved bridging program with a 3.0/B/70% CGPA or higher and no repeated courses or failures (effective fall 2017, the bridging program must be completed within the past five academic years).
Proof of current registration with a provincial or territorial regulatory body, or eligibility for registration in Ontario
- Mature Student Guidelines do not apply.
- Further details on the proof of eligibility for registration requirements are available in the Admission Information section of the Academic Calendar
Candidates must also submit:
- Academic transcripts including promotion/graduation status from all nursing and other post-secondary level studies, indicating specific courses and grades.
- Photocopy of current Ontario Certificate of Registration or proof of eligibility for the same.