Retail Management (BComm)
Is It for You?
Join Canada’s first retail management program and learn to develop strategies that engage shoppers online and in-store through merchandising, new technologies and great customer experiences. Complete a paid internship or co-op, utilize industry-leading planogram design software, pitch your recommendations to industry reps from companies like Louis Vuitton and Red Bull, or explore global markets through travel study tours – all while building the skills and knowledge required to be successful in an evolving retail landscape.
What You Need to Know
Full Time: Four Year; Direct Entry to Second Year; Five-Year Co-op
Bachelor of Commerce
Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
*Actual minimum grade ranges required for fall 2020 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. Ryerson reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.
Tuition and Fees 2020/2021
Domestic Fees Range: $9,295 - $9,535
International Fees Range: $30,398 - $33,352
For detailed fees information visit Fees by Program.
Requirements for the Full-Time, Four-Year Program
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher pre-requisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Mathematics [one of: Advanced Functions (MHF4U), Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U) or Mathematics of Data Management (MDM4U)]
- Grade 12 U Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U) is the preferred Mathematics course.
- The minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 65-70% range) will be determined subject to competition.
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available at:
Requirements for the Full-Time Direct Entry Program
- Fashion Business and Fashion Business Management programs at Seneca College; Fashion Management program at George Brown College; Fashion Merchandising (FMC2) and Fashion Marketing and Management (FMC3) programs at Fanshawe College; or Fashion Arts and Business program at Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning with a minimum 3.0/B/70% cumulative GPA. Consideration is for admission to the second year of the program. Some reachbacks are required.
Prepare for industry leadership in a variety of areas: buying and merchandising, e-commerce; category or brand management, marketing, public relations; shopping centre or retail store management, or social media management. Or, pursue graduate studies including a master of science in management (MScM) with a research focus on retail, or become a Certified Professional Category Analyst (CPCA) at the only Canadian university to offer this certification.
Explore Ryerson's unique urban campus in the heart of downtown Toronto from the comfort of your own home!