Retail Management (BComm (Hons))
Is It for You?
Lead the retail evolution as a buyer, an aspiring entrepreneur, a shopper insights analyst and more. Join Canada’s first Retail Management BComm that specializes in traditional and digital retail functions. Participate in experiential learning such as field-based projects and case competitions. Connect with industry executives through Retail Week and student-led events. Complete a paid internship or co-op to turn theory into practice. Take advantage of travel study tours and student exchanges to broaden your real-world retail knowledge.
Explore the Ted Rogers School of Management on our Virtual Tour, external link, opens in new window.
Full Time: Four Year; Direct Entry to Second Year; Five-Year Co-op
Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Stay Connected with Our Community
Our student ambassadors are on board to give you a taste of all that Ryerson has to offer. Learn about the city of Toronto, transitioning to university, the student experience and more!
What You Need to Know
*Actual minimum grade ranges required for fall 2021 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. Ryerson reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.
Tuition and Fees 2021/2022
Domestic Fees Range: $9,286 - $9,526
International Fees Range: $31,856 - $34,955
For detailed fees information visit Tuition and Fees by Program.
Requirements for the Full-Time, Four-Year Program
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher prerequisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Mathematics (one of Calculus and Vectors [MCV4U], Advanced Functions [MHF4U] or Mathematics of Data Management [MDM4U])
- MCV4U is the preferred mathematics course
- Note: the minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 65-70% range) will be determined subject to competition
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available at:
Requirements for the Full-Time Direct Entry Program
- Two-year diploma in Fashion Business or Fashion Business Management from Seneca College, Fashion Merchandising or Fashion Marketing and Management from Fanshawe College, Fashion Arts or Fashion Arts and Business from Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning or Fashion Management from George Brown College with a minimum 3.0/B/70% cumulative GPA. Some reachback courses are required.
Prepare for industry leadership in a variety of areas: buying and merchandising, e-commerce; category or brand management, marketing, public relations; become certified as a category analyst or in Google Ads; develop competence in industry-leading software to design product displays, perform customer analysis and analyze social media trends. Or, pursue graduate studies including a master of science in management (MScM) with a research focus on retail, or become a Certified Professional Category Analyst (CPCA) at the only Canadian university to offer this certification.