Please note: 2019/2020 tuition amounts and updated grade ranges will be added to the program pages as they become available.
Retail Management (BComm)
Full Time: Four Year; Direct Entry to Second Year; Five-Year Co-op
Bachelor of Commerce
Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
*Actual minimum grade ranges required for Fall 2019 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. Ryerson reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.
In-class experiential learning opportunities with industry partners, projects and guest speakers; case competitions; internships or optional co-op; travel study tours to explore the world of global retail; leading software for space planning and social media analytics. Become a certified professional category analyst (CPCA), an essential skill for the retail industry, at the only Canadian university to offer this certification.
Prepare for industry leadership in a variety of areas: buying, merchandising, e-commerce; category or brand management, marketing, public relations, communications; shopping centre or retail store management; logistics, supply chain and operations management. Pursue a master of science in management (MScM) with a research focus on retail.
What You Need to Know
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher pre-requisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/Anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Mathematics [one of: Advanced Functions (MHF4U), Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U) or Mathematics of Data Management (MDM4U)]
- Grade 12 U Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U) is the preferred Mathematics course.
- The minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 65-70% range) will be determined subject to competition.
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available at:
- Fashion Business and Fashion Business Management programs at Seneca College; Fashion Management program at George Brown College; Fashion Merchandising (FMC2) and Fashion Marketing and Management (FMC3) programs at Fanshawe College; or Fashion Arts and Business program at Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning with a minimum 3.0/B/70% cumulative GPA. Consideration is for admission to the second year of the program. Some reachbacks are required.