Please note: 2019/2020 tuition ranges will be added to the program pages as they become available.
Undeclared Engineering (First Year Studies Only)
Full Time: First-Semester Studies Only
*Actual minimum grade ranges required for Fall 2019 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. Ryerson reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.
- First semester is common: general chemistry, calculus I, linear algebra, physics: mechanics, a liberal studies course and introduction to engineering.
- Second semester courses: digital computation and programming, principles of engineering economics, calculus II, and physics: waves and fields, plus courses specific to your chosen program.
By December 1, declare which of the engineering programs you wish to pursue: aerospace, biomedical, chemical, civil, computer, electrical, industrial or mechanical. Consider optional specialization in management sciences (OSMS); and optional specialization in engineering innovation and entrepreneurship.
What You Need to Know
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher pre-requisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/Anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U)
- Advanced Functions (MHF4U)
- Physics (SPH4U)
- Chemistry (SCH4U)
- Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U)
- Note: The grades required in the subject prerequisites (normally 70%) will be determined subject to competition.
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available at: