Undeclared Science (First Year Studies Only)
Full Time: First-Year Studies Only
*Actual minimum grade ranges required for Fall 2019 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. Ryerson reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.
- Explore program transfer options by participating in the common first-year science community platform that shares introductory courses with the biology, chemistry and medical physics programs.
- First-year studies include an introduction to the use of computers as scientific tools, an orientation course to support a successful transition to university and assistance for planning your degree completion.
By February of second semester, choose and apply for the program you wish to pursue over the next three years. All of your completed courses will be credited to your new program.
What You Need to Know
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher pre-requisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/Anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Advanced Functions (MHF4U)
- Two of: Biology (SBI4U), Chemistry (SCH4U) or Physics (SPH4U)
- The minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 65-70% range) will be determined subject to competition.
- Completion of all three science courses is recommended.
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available at: