How to Apply for Transfer Credits
The online Transfer Credit Application is available to undergraduate students who have received an Offer of Admission.
Before you apply, visit ryerson.ca/transfer-credits for eligibility requirements, application instructions and deadline dates.
Transfer Credit Applications
Ryerson has two types of transfer credit applications:
- Self-service application on RAMSS (my.ryerson.ca): these applications are available for all Ontario colleges and universities, and several out-of-province Canadian universities. If your previous institution is set up for self-service application you must apply on RAMSS.
- Manual Application Upload: this option is available for all colleges and universities outside of Canada including several out-of-province Canadian institutions such as CEGEP. You must use the manual application upload if your previous institution is not available for self-service on RAMSS.
Visit the Undergraduate Transfer Credit website for detail application instructions.
Applying for transfer credits in advance of deadlines facilitates course planning and prevents you from enrolling in courses that may be eligible for exemption.
- From your Student Center on RAMSS, select the My Academics link
- Click the Evaluate my Transfer Credits link
- You are now at the online Transfer Credit Application
- Click New Submission to start a new application
If you have previously applied for transfer credits that are yet to be processed, you will have the option to Edit Submissions. See Editing Transfer Credit Applications section below for details.
- Select your undergraduate Program and Plan
Ryerson programs for which you have received an Offer of Admission will be available. If you have received more than one Offer of Admission, you may edit your application to view your transfer credit results for the other program. See Editing Transfer Credit Applications instructions below for details.
Important: The program selection on the Transfer Credit Application will not impact your Ryerson admission or confirm acceptance of your Offer of Admission.
Your official transfer credit results will be validated for your confirmed program, after you accept your Offer of Admission.
See How to View My Transfer Credit Report for details on how to confirm your official transfer credit results.
- Choose the previous institution where your courses were taken
If you attended more than one institution, you can apply for additional institutions. See Editing Transfer Credit Application instructions below.
If you do not find your previous institution, you must submit your Transfer Credit Application via the manual application upload. Visit ryerson.ca/transfer-credits/apply for instructions.
- Input course details for each course you are applying for transfer credit
- Complete one row for each course
- Use the lookups to find course codes that match your transcript
- If you have not received your final grade in the course, select IP (In Progress grade)
- Click Add Another Class to add more rows if required
- Application errors will be highlighted in red and must be corrected before you submit the application
Click Course Details Help link for additional course details information and instructions.
If some of your courses are not found using the look-ups during the Application, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the course codes, titles and name of your previous institution. After receiving confirmation that these courses have been added, you can return to the application to submit your remaining courses.
- Click submit to view your Unofficial Transfer Credit Results
Results are based on previous evaluation results contained within the Transfer Credit Database.
No Rule applications will require faculty evaluation of a detailed course outline to determine equivalency. Course outlines can be submitted after your applications are processed and posted on your Transfer Credit Report.
Denied applications are not equivalent to a transfer credit in your program.
Accepted, pending validation applications are unofficially equivalent to the transfer credits listed in the Internal Equivalent column.
- Return to the start of the online Transfer Credit Application
To edit a previous application, select the institution and click Edit Selected.
To apply for transfer credits from another institution, click New Submission. Steps will be the same as submitting new Transfer Credit Applications.
- Edit application details
Important: You do not need to re-enter application information as previously submitted courses will be saved.
If your applications have not been processed by the Transfer Credit Unit, you can edit your Program and Plan (Step 2), as well as add, edit and remove applications on the Course Details screen (Step 4).
After your applications have been processed, you will not be able to edit your Program and Plan, or edit or delete applications from the Course Details screen (Step 4).
You will be able to submit additional applications by adding a new row to the Course Details screen. The new applications will be processed and confirmed on your Transfer Credit Report for your confirmed program.
If you previously submitted a course with an In Progress (IP) grade and the application has been processed, you cannot edit the grade using the online application.
Within three weeks of Ryerson receiving a transcript confirming your final grade, your applications will be updated and final results made available on your Transfer Credit Report.
Email email@example.com if the course does not appear within three weeks of your final grades being received by Ryerson.