The Real Institute is Ryerson University’s English as an Additional Language Institute
We are a leader in high-quality English language education, providing ESL programs for learners from different backgrounds and levels of proficiency
Our programs provide students with proven methods of enhancing their English language skills, as well as a direct pathway to admission into Ryerson’s undergraduate programs.
The Real Institute is an integral part of Ryerson University, with extensive connections to academic programs and university services. We are pleased to offer:
- Comprehensive English language programming for academic, professional, and social contexts.
- Exceptional instructors with distinguished ESL qualifications and experiences.
- Small class sizes to provide more individual support to students.
- Opportunities for cultural learning and personal support through a peer-mentoring system.
- Extra-curricular social activities in Canada’s most multicultural, vibrant city—including visits to popular attractions and Major League sports games.
Our state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown Toronto, within a 5-minute walk to major transit lines. It has been specially designed with innovative classrooms and open-concept student spaces, to build motivation and a strong sense of community.
View our award-winning facility
Take a virtual tour of the Real Institute to experience our award-winning facility, external link. It includes 22 classrooms, a quiet space, an auditorium, a student lounge with kitchen facilities, and direct access to a subway station and shopping mall.
Ryerson University ("the University") collects personal information under the authority of the Ryerson University Act and in accordance with the Ryerson University Notice of Collection for international recruitment and other related purposes. The University will collect, use, disclose, and protect your personal information in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have questions about the collection, use and disclosure of this information by Ryerson University, please contact the Real Institute, 424 Yonge St, 2nd Floor, Toronto, ON M5B 2H3, firstname.lastname@example.org.