All programs at the Real Institute have a non-refundable application fee of $150.
Building on our well-established ESL Foundation Program, the Real Institute focuses on teaching practical language skills for real life situations.
Taught by instructors who are leaders in the field of second language acquisition, our short term programs utilize the most current language learning methodologies to allow learners to give full expression to their lived experiences. The language learning experience focuses on the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing in English.
Regardless of whether you are seeking to upgrade your English proficiency for further success in higher education or want to prepare yourself for the challenges of the global job market, our instructors will help you achieve your objectives.
The English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program offers a language learning experience focused on the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing for university and college level education. It offers a series of modules that facilitate the acquisition of language skills in relation to current themes that are transferable across disciplines (e.g. the environment, global business, social media, etc.).
The EAP is for students not currently applying to Ryerson's undergraduate programs but may wish to do so in the future or who wish to receive English language learning.
Students take one, two or three semesters of 12-week classes to develop and refine their reading and writing skills as well as enhance their academic communication strategies.
- Students who successfully complete the EAP are not required to take an English proficiency test when applying to Ryerson's undergraduate programs.
- Upon the successful completion of the EAP students will be better positioned to succeed with an application for admission to an English-language college or university.
The Real English Intensive Program offers you a fully customized language learning experience focused on listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in English. Our instructors are leaders in the field of English language acquisition who integrate technology and students’ lived experiences into the classroom. Examples of the flexible, theme-based curriculum of the Real English Intensive Program include modules on Marketing, New Media, Sustainability, Creative Identities and Consumerism.
- A minimum of 4 weeks and up to 8 weeks program
- Flexible start date and end dates
- 20 hours of learning experiences per week
- Customized textbooks and classroom materials
- Experiential activities
|Number of Weeks||Hours per Week||Cost|
Come to Toronto and immerse yourself in an intensive English language learning program combined with a credit-bearing academic course and hands-on learning experience in Canada’s most lively and diverse city. Collect a minimum of two degree credits for your home institution.
Designed for international students who want to combine degree-credit study with English language education, the Real English ++ Program provides a unique opportunity for immersive and experiential learning over an intensive four, eight, or 12-week period.
Not only will you complete degree-credit course work in your chosen discipline, but you will also have five hours per week of hands-on, experiential learning. You will have the opportunity to shadow young start-up companies in one or two of Ryerson’s ten learning zones: the Biomedical Zone, Clean Energy Zone, Design Fabrication Zone, Digital Media Zone, Fashion Zone, and Transmedia Zone.
- Program 25 hours of learning experiences per week with the option of four-week, eight-week or 12-week programs
- Two hours of English language education and two hours of discipline specific course work per day
- Five hours of entrepreneurial or experiential activities per week
- A minimum of two (single-semester) degree credits upon successful completion of the program
- Emergency health and medical insurance through GuardMe
Customized textbooks and classroom materials
|Number of Weeks||Hours per Week||Number of Credits||Cost|
|4 weeks||25||2 credits||$1990|
|8 weeks||25||4 credits||$3920|
The English Just For You program is a fully customized learning experience focused on individual or small groups from specific academic disciplines or branches of industry. Depending on learners’ needs, the program lasts for a minimum of four to a maximum of 12 weeks.
- 20-25 hours of learning experiences per week
- Airport pick-up
- Semi-private on-campus accommodation or homestay accommodation
- Customized study packages and classroom materials
- Experiential learning activities
- Comprehensive emergency health and medical insurance through GuardMe
- Meal plan options
- Brand-new, high-tech classrooms and facilities in downtown Toronto, Canada’s cultural and business centre
- Highly-qualified instructors who provide individual attention to every student
- English-only policy
- Outstanding on-campus student services
- Certificate of Completion