25 Year Club
Ryerson University is a distinctive and remarkable university because of the contributions and dedication of long-service faculty and staff. Today, more than 700 employees and pensioners are members of the 25 Year Club.
The Ryerson University 25 Year Club celebrates the commitment of faculty and staff who have given a quarter-century of service.
- The employee's career status was "active" within the calendar year during which they attained their 25th year of service (e.g. the list of inductees for 2014 will include all employees who were active and completed their 25th year in 2014);
- The induction year is derived from the employee's hire date. Duration of service is calculated from their first assignment to 25th year of service;
- Employees on extended leave (e.g. LTD) will be reviewed individually;
- Term employment, limited term faculty status (RFA LTF), part time and sessional instructor status (CUPE 3904 Unit 1 and/or CUEW), continuing education instructor status (CUPE 3904, Unit 2 and/or non union), part time and casual staff and combinations of the above, are included when calculating eligible service;
- If continuity of employment is maintained breaks in service of less than 12 months are permitted;
- Breaks in service through non-work periods or leave of absences (paid or unpaid) do not impact the calculation of eligible service;
- Periods of workload reduction do not impact calculation of eligible service;
- Voluntary separation from the university through resignation or retirement before having acquired 25 years of service, precludes the individual from induction.
* It should be noted that the 25 Year Club membership criteria are used only to establish eligibility for induction into the 25 Year Club, and do not apply for establishing eligibility for benefits or pensions or any other purpose.