More chances to get active at the MAC
Update - Sep-11-2020: The information in this announcement is no longer current. Please refer to our MOVE Everywhere hub for the latest information and program schedules.
Fitness Centre: Time Slot Changes, Extended Hours
Starting Tuesday, September 8, you will notice changes to our MAC Fitness Centre booking times. Since the MAC reopened on August 10, we have tracked our usage and capacity closely. With a new school year upon us and over 95% of individual workout spots booked by students, we are extending our hours and adjusting our schedule to ensure we can meet the increasing demand:
- Weekdays, open until 9:45pm starting September 8
- First booking of the day: 90 minutes
- All other bookings: 75 minutes
- Weekends, open until 6:30pm starting September 8
- All bookings 90 minutes
Pre-reserved ‘Drop-in’ Sports
Our ‘drop-in’ recreation program will return with pre-reserved slots for basketball starting September 8. Things will be very different, with only one person per net in MAC Home Court, but the chance to play and be active matters, especially as fall weather arrives and outdoor options become less viable.
While only open to basketball for now, we remain committed to bringing back more sport options in due course, as it is possible and safe to do so.
Students/members will be able to reserve one 50 minute slot per day. Please see schedule overview below, and check available bookings in the reservation system for the latest:
- Monday @ 5:00-8:50pm
- Tuesday @ 2:00-8:50pm
- Wednesday @ 9:00am-12:50pm
- Thursday @ 9:00am-12:50pm
- Friday @ 2:00-8:50pm
- Saturday @ 1:00-4:50pm
- Sunday @ 1:00-4:50pm
What to Expect
‘Drop-in’ sports will resume under the same health and safety parameters as our fitness center, with members required to pre-reserve their time, complete health screenings and follow all protocols as laid out in our initial reopening information.
In addition, when reserving a time to play basketball, please observe the following rules:
- Maximum 1 person per net/half-court, maintaining 2 metres physical distance with other users at all times
- Members must bring their own ball - while typical to return errant rebounds between courts, users should only interact with their ball
- Members must enter/exit through the MAC Fitness Centre, using the north doors to the Mattamy Home Court
- All personal belongings must be stored in the day-use lockers by the fitness centre change rooms
How to reserve a court time:
For more information, please visit our Athletics & Recreation Reopening Plan or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While priority access remains in place for students and staff/faculty with memberships, we are working hard to include members from our broader community as soon as possible.