MOVE Everywhere: In Your Neighbourhood
MAC reopens July 26, 2021!
Read the latest reopening announcement for all the details, including safety requirements and a Fall 2021 program and service preview.
Neighbourhood Movement Meetups have also resumed effective July 13.
Regular physical activity and feeling connected to our community are both critical to student well-being and academic success. Our Neighbourhood Movement Meetups are a chance to do both closer to home, wherever that is, and socially distant of course.
These by students, for students events will help build strong community connections as students meet and get active together in neighbourhood parks across the GTA and beyond.
What to Expect
Movement Meetups fall under the same health and safety parameters as our other programs, with participants required to complete health screenings and follow all protocols as laid out in our COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Led by a Ryerson student-leader and open to all Ryerson students and alumni
- Each group will meet once per week for 1 hour at the time and location noted in the schedule below - look for your facilitator in their blue Ryerson Athletics & Recreation staff shirt
- The group will spend time getting to know each other and taking part in stretching circles and a st/roll or jog or other light physical activity
Waiver & Safety Requirements: Prior to joining, participants...
- Must google formcomplete a one time waiver, external link at least 2 hours prior to their first session
- Must practice physical distancing, remaining 2 meters apart from others at all times
- Must wear a face mask or covering during check-in (as all events are outside, face masks are encouraged but not required)
- Must check-in with the facilitator upon arriving on-site to show your completed health screening and share information for contact tracing
- Fall schedule to be posted shortly.
- Students must complete the new health screening process via the RyersonSafe app or web browser within 24 hours prior to attending - for location, choose "Off-Campus - Recreation" (or Mattamy Athletic Centre if that option is not available)
This Running/Rolling Challenge is geared towards everyone and you are to run as a team, individual or residence floor, and accumulate your running distance from week to week
This Steps Challenge is geared towards everyone and you are to accumulate your steps as a team, individual or residence floor.
Ultimate Virtual Challenge
This Ultimate Virtual Challenge is geared towards everyone and we will have a list of activities and challenges based on movement and community - the core of all Intramural Sports - to complete, and it is up to you as a team or individual to complete these challenges to score points. Some of the challenges include:
- Running 100 km as team/ for the week or 40 km individual/for the week
- Cycling 200 km as team/ for the week or 40 km individual/for the week
- Attending the gym for workout
- Doing a workout as a team of 8 outside
- Doing a group fitness workout virtually
- Doing a yoga workout as a team
- Doing 2000 stairs for the week
- Cooking healthy meal for you and someone else you know
- Tutor or help another student with school work
- Donate blood
- Mow the lawn or shovel the snow
- Using a row machine for an hour
We know the Sport Clubs experience - getting active, feeling part of a team and learning new skills - can be tremendously positive for our students.
As in a typical year, our student-led clubs are just getting started and plans will be announced for each as soon as they are available.
For now, take a look at the different clubs offered on our Activities page and reach out to one of the club communities to get connected.