MOVE Everywhere: Online
We know not everyone is ready or able to join us in-person at Ryerson or otherwise. But the importance of regular physical activity and a sense of community connection are critical to our well-being and academic success.
Whether live classes with us or pre-recorded content from elsewhere, Esports or Zoom meetups: Join us... And MOVE!
All programs are freely available to all Ryerson students.
Welcome to the Fall 2021! Some in-person fitness class options are available this semester, but we continue to offer Virtual Group Fitness classes. Just because you're away from campus doesn't mean that your need to move is less important! With 15 virtual classes per week, we're confident you can find a way to move that best suits you.
- What to expect: Whether it’s your first time or you are a regular, everyone is welcome to join us! Find class descriptions on our regular Group Fitness schedule page. To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, Zoom classes will be monitored by a staff member.
- How to connect: Check the schedule linked above and follow the link when your selected class is live.
- Not interested in feedback from your instructor or connecting with your classmates? No worries - we're here for you, camera on or off!
Having issues with Zoom or finding your Live Class? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Weekly Schedule: September 20-December 17, 2021
|8:00 - 8:30 am||Yoga||Katie|
|10:00 - 10:40 am||Chair Strength & Stretch||Susana|
|12:00 - 12:40 pm||Mobility & Flexibility||Anissa|
|4:00 - 4:30 pm||Shadow Skip & Sculpt||Alex|
|6:00 - 6:40 pm||Dancefire||Dione|
|7:00 - 7:30 pm||Pilates||Sharon|
|10:00 - 10:30 am||Total Muscle Conditioning||Anissa|
|5:00 - 5:40 pm||Groove Fit||Ildiko|
|6:00 - 6:40 pm||Cardio Kickboxing||Susana|
|7:00 - 7:40 pm||Yoga Flow||Amanda T.|
|9:00 - 9:40 am||HIIT 20: Yoga 20||Susana|
|4:00 - 4:30 pm||Yoga Flow||Alex|
|6:00 - 6:40 pm||Barre||Sharon|
|7:00 - 7:30 pm||Stretch 'N Flex||Sharon|
|12:00 - 12:30 pm||Cardio Sculpt||Anissa|
|6:00 - 6:30 pm||Flow Bodyart||Ildiko|
|7:00 - 7:40 pm||Yoga||Amanda T.|
Doing light physical activity while you learn has been shown to improve creativity, recall, attention and understanding.
Whether during a break mid-class or meeting, starting your day off right or winding it down - or anytime - this collection of on-demand 3-6 minute movement breaks is sure to leave you feeling and thinking better.
Intramurals Sports are all about a chance to play while connecting with fellow students around shared interests and friendly competition. Even as our in-person options are limited, we're excited to keep the spirit of the program - and the well-being and academic benefits - going strong via Esports.
What to Expect
Who can take part? This program is open to all Ryerson Students, Staff and Faculty.
Our aim is to welcome all students interested in participating with some recreational gaming and staying connected to friends or colleagues (staff, faculty), or people within your program and residence students. All are welcome to participate and enjoy, participating in games, following your standings.
- FIFA 20
- Rocket League
- Among Us
- Ramily Feud
We know the Sport Clubs experience - getting active, feeling part of a team and learning new skills - can be tremendously positive for our students.
As in a typical year, our student-led clubs are just getting started and plans will be announced for each as soon as they are available.
For now, take a look at the different clubs offered on our Activities page and reach out to one of the club communities to get connected.
From Ryerson Recreation
Missed your favourite class? Check out the classes below and more On-Demand classes via our Youtube channel - Ryerson Recreation, external link.
From Around the World
Mindfulness & Yoga to Help Manage Stress & Anxiety
- Yoga for Stress & Anxiety, external link
- How Mindfulness Can Help You Navigate the Coronavirus, external link
- A Simple Breathing Practice to Keep Panic at Bay, external link
- A Loving-Kindness Meditation to Cultivate Resilience, external link
YouTube Channel Workouts
- The Fitness Marshall, external link - dance cardio classes with a welcoming, fun vibe
- Variety Ontario YouTube, external link - an ever-growing range of accessibility-minded fitness videos
- Popsugar, external link - a range of strength, cardio, dance and yoga classes with a more serious, intense feel
- Fitness Blender, external link - access videos on their YouTube channel or get their app to search over 500 free workouts by length, difficulty, training type, muscles used, calorie burn and more
Activity & Workout Apps
- Seven App, external link - short workouts tailored for you, free and paid versions
- Down Dog App, external link - a range of yoga and fitness classes, paid app
- Peloton App, external link (not just spinning!) - live and pre-recorded classes for strength, spin and treadmill users, paid app with free 30 day trial
Important! When working out at home, remember:
Everyone has different abilities and spaces - be sure to adapt exercises to your body and space, take breaks when you need them, and factor in any injuries or pre-existing conditions you may have.
There are inherent risks involved in any type of physical activity, including the possibility of personal injury and death; risks include but are not limited to: overexertion, mis-use of equipment, collision with objects, trips, slips or falls.