We offer massage therapy treatment by registered therapists on an appointment basis. All appointments are held at the RAC. Please check-in with the front desk when you arrive.
Massage therapy is a type of treatment in which a trained and certified therapist manipulates the soft tissues of your body using varying degrees of pressure and movement to prevent and alleviate stress, pain and muscle tension. If you suffer from any of the following, massage therapy may be an excellent way to address your symptoms:
- repetitive strain injuries, i.e. tendonitis/bursitis
- headaches, migraines
- pregnancy related conditions
- facial/jaw pain (T.M.J.)
- neck, back pain
General health questionnaire
Please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment to allow time to complete a medical history form. This information is vital to the Massage Therapist in ensuring that your treatment takes into account your medical history.
During treatment your body will be professionally draped at all times. All treatments will be explained to you and subject to your approval. Our goal is to ensure that you are comfortable and relaxed throughout your treatment.
Two ways to book your appointment:
Online, external link, opens in new window
Phone: 416-979-5096 ext. 1
- Ryerson degree program students receive a $15 discount per appointment
- All Prices include HST
- Cancellations must be made a minimum of 24 hours in advance to avoid the full fee charge
Treatments are provided by Registered Massage Therapists and are covered by many health insurance plans.
- Full-time Ryerson students are covered under the RSU Health Plan, external link, currently up to $25 per treatment (limit of 20 treatments per school year) for up to $500 per school year. All Ryerson students also receive a $15 discount on the listed price of our sessions.
- Most full-time Ryerson employees receive full coverage for up to 20 treatments per year, with a physician’s referral, under their extended health care benefits plan. Contact your HR Advisor or check your benefits package online for more details
- Other - many employer health care plans provide coverage for massage therapy treatments. Check with your employer or health care plan for details. Our therapists will provide a receipt for treatment which can be submitted to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Note: A doctor's referral is required in advance of submitting a claim, but can typically be post-dated up to 12 months after treatment (confirm with your insurance provider prior to treatment). Students and Ryerson staff who do not have a Family Doctor can visit the Ryerson Health Centre.