NOTE: Final admission, communications and recruitment plans may be conditional pending final approval (i.e. Academic Standards Committee/Senate, Board of Governors, Curriculum Quality Assurance) of the new program.
By early January one year before the program’s launch, the Letter of Intent (LOI) or a copy of the proposed program documentation that was sent to the Academic Standards Committee (ACS)/Senate should be forwarded to Communications. Provided by program representatives or department contacts, this information will be integrated into the overall recruitment and communication strategies.
- By early January one year before the program’s launch: program representatives must provide content about the program for inclusion in the annual Admissions Handbook (printed in June and distributed to prospective students who plan to enrol in September of the following year).
- Academic Standards Committee/Senate approval is required to guarantee inclusion in the Admissions Handbook.
- Board of Governors approval is required to remove “Subject to Board of Governors approval” disclaimer from Admissions Handbook and web copy.
- By August 1 one year before the program’s launch: program representatives must provide the URL for the program’s website. A link to the site will be posted on an undergraduate admissions web page that contains specific admission/recruitment content related to the new program.
- By August 1 one year before the program's launch:
- Program representatives are urged to work closely with Communications staff to develop appropriate social media content (e.g., for Facebook, Twitter) that will appear throughout the Ontario Universities’ Fair and fall months.
- The chair of the new program is encouraged to write a guest blog post.
Contact: Samantha Read, Assistant Director, Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 7776