You are now in the main content area

Alert: Effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020, Ryerson University will be shifting to an essential services model on our campus. To view information about this and other important school-wide updates, please visit the Ryerson COVID-19 page. If you are a current student and would like to reach us at the ServiceHub, please visit our ServiceHub Contact page.

Term Start: Fall 2021

August 26, 2021

Set yourself up for success!

Welcome to all new and continuing students! With the start of the fall semester quickly approaching, we want to be sure you’ve got all the information you need for a smooth start – from enrolment dates to Proof of Enrolment letters, to important dates, fees, services, supports and more! Here are some details to get you started and you can also see the newly updated Current Students website.

More information may be available on your program department site and please note that as the situation evolves, further information may be posted on Student COVID-19 Information and Updates.

The Office of the Registrar (RO) always has your success in mind and is here to help. 

We wish you the very best for a great academic year.

Charmaine K. Hack, University Registrar
Office of the Registrar

Students laugh and talk under the blue tile canopy outside the SLC.

Getting Started

Undergraduate Student Orientation

Get ready for the start of class with information for new undergraduate students and a special welcome to your first year. Participate in pre-orientation events and workshops running now to support your academic, social and wellness needs with Summer Jumpstart. Connect with other incoming students, get familiar with academic programs and learn how to navigate all things Ryerson at Orientation August 23 - September 6, 2021. And if you need help, don’t hesitate to contact your academic advisor.

Undergraduate Schedules, Course Enrolments and Course Intentions

Determining if Undergraduate Courses are Virtual or On-Campus

There will be a limited selection of classes offered on-campus in the fall term. When you receive your undergraduate class schedule, you will be automatically enrolled in the virtual sections of your classes (with some exceptions). 

  • Virtual sections will display VIRTUAL under room on RAMSS. 
  • If being offered in-person, sections will list a room location on RAMSS, usually 3 letters and 3 numbers, e.g: POD 999.  
  • If being offered virtually AND in-person and you prefer to take it in-person, you can swap to the on-campus section during the enrolment period. In-person sections will list a room location/number as above. 
  • Note: on-campus seats are limited to adhere with public health distancing requirements and are subject to availability. You may receive additional information about on-campus classes from your program department. Additional on-campus classes could continue to become available after August 5, 2021.

New Undergraduate Students

New students are automatically enrolled into fall and winter term required courses in early August, if admitted into the first semester of a full-time program and have confirmed their Offer of Admission by mid-July. 

  • If you are automatically enrolled into your required courses, your class schedule will appear in your Student Centre in your RAMSS portal by end of day on Thursday, August 5, 2021
  • If you are not automatically enrolled into your required courses, you must enrol into all of your fall and winter term courses (required and elective, if applicable) during your enrolment period.

The course enrolment period is from August 10, 2021 - September 17, 2021. During your enrolment period, you must enrol into your elective fall term courses and you can adjust your fall term course schedule. See above for more information on how to know if your course is virtual or in-person. You can also find more information on Course Enrolments.

You must also declare your course intentions (what courses you would like to take) for the winter 2022 term between Monday, August 23 - Friday, September 17, 2021. See more information below and on Course Intentions.

Second and Upper Year Undergraduate Students

Your class schedule will be available in your Student Center in your RAMSS portal by end of day on Thursday, August 5, 2021

Check your priority enrolment appointment date, also available in the Enrolment Dates section in your Student Center in RAMSS. All changes are subject to available class space and applicable course requisites.

If you are a returning student who did not participate in course intentions in March or May 2021, you will not have a designated enrolment appointment date. You can begin making changes to your schedule during the Open Enrolment period August 23, 2021 - September 17, 2021.

You can adjust your winter 2022 term course intentions between Monday, August 23, 2021 - Friday, September 17, 2021

See above for more information on how to know if your course is virtual or in-person. You can also find more information on Course Enrolment.

How to Enrol in Courses

Learn how to build your schedule with this handy tutorial on How to Enrol. Use the ”Search by My Classes Offered” and the Visual Schedule Builder (VSB) features to narrow your search to classes that are offered this term and apply towards your program. The VSB allows you to ‘pin’ classes with preferred times, block time slots for personal commitments, search available courses, drag and drop, and generate all the possible schedules based on your choices. From there you can push your entire schedule to enrol in one easy step!

Course Intentions

Course intentions is the process where returning students indicate the courses they wish to take in the upcoming academic year via RAMSS. Declaring course intentions is crucial so we can schedule your courses and instructors, and, if you receive OSAP, to prevent delays in your funding. If you are a new student, you will not need to declare course intentions before the start of your first term, but you will need to add the elective courses you plan to take in the winter.

For more information, visit undergraduate Course Enrolment and Course Intentions.

Proof of Enrolment (for RESP’s, EAP’s, Banks etc.)

After you have completed your course enrolments and course intentions, you can request a Proof of Enrolment Letter. See “more information” below for more details.

Graduate Students Orientation, Course Enrolment and Proof of Enrolment

Graduate students should contact their graduate program administrator regarding orientation, course offerings, proof of enrolment, and questions related to course enrolment dates and procedures. If you will be enrolling in classes by self-service, you can check on course offerings and status on RAMSS

Determining if Graduate Courses are Virtual or On-Campus

There will be a limited selection of classes offered on-campus in the fall term.

  • Virtual sections will display VIRTUAL under room on RAMSS. 
  • In-person sections will list a room location on RAMSS, usually 3 letters and 3 numbers, e.g: POD 999.
  • Note: on-campus seats are limited to adhere with public health distancing requirements and are subject to availability. You may receive additional information about on-campus classes from your program department. Additional on-campus classes could continue to become available after August 5, 2021.

Lincoln Alexander School of Law

Please refer to the Lincoln Alexander School of Law website for important information for students including our Law School Orientation Program and Law Student FAQs.


Upcoming Significant Dates

First Day of Classes

Classes for undergraduate programs and graduate programs officially begin on Tuesday, September 7, 2021. Lincoln Alexander School of Law fall intensives begin on Monday, August 30, 2021.

Last Day To Add or Swap a Fall Course

The last day to add or swap a fall undergraduate course is Friday, September 17, 2021.

Tuition Fee Payments

One you have enrolled in courses, confirm your fee balance in the Account Summary in your Student Centre in RAMSS. Fall term fees are due on Friday, September 17, 2021. Note if you add or drop courses, your fee balance may change, and, if you receive OSAP, it may impact your funding. Find more information about Tuition and Fees and see How to Pay Your Fees.

Fee Refunds

The amount of refund you are eligible to receive depends on the date you drop a course or withdraw from a program. Full refunds* are available until September 17, 2021. No refunds are available after October 8, 2021. *For details see the refund schedule

Undergraduate program students who enrol in continuing education courses through The Chang School should be aware that continuing education deadlines, opens in new window apply and may differ.

Last Day to Drop a Fall Course or Withdraw from your Program in Good Academic Standing

The fall 2021 undergraduate, graduate and Chang School deadline to drop a course or withdraw from your program without academic penalty (no refund of fees) is Friday, November 19, 2021

Lists of All Dates

Dates and deadlines impact your academic standing, course enrolments, finances, late fees, ability to graduate and more. They can also vary, depending on the type of course you are taking. For important dates and deadlines, see Undergraduate dates, Graduate dates, Lincoln Alexander School of Law dates and Chang School of Continuing Education dates, opens in new window

If you are an undergraduate student taking Chang School courses, take special note of the differing deadlines and see more information about using Chang School courses as degree credits, opens in new window.

Student Financial Assistance

Awards and Scholarships

Apply to more than 1300 awards with one application! Starting Monday, August 16, complete your profile for the 2021-2022 award cycle to be automatically matched with awards and scholarships you may qualify for on AwardSpring, external link, opens in new window.

Learn more about Scholarships and Awards. Graduate students can also find more scholarships and funding information on Financing Your Graduate Studies.

If you are a recipient of the Guaranteed and Renewable Entrance Scholarship, the first instalment of funds for your fall term will be credited to your student account in late August. The second instalment for winter term will be credited in early January 2022. See frequently asked questions (FAQs) about entrance scholarships.

Financial Assistance

Are you looking for government financial assistance to help with your school costs? Students can apply for government financial assistance through their home province.

If you’re from Ontario, you may qualify for the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP). If you haven’t done so already, you can complete your application on the OSAP website, external link, opens in new window

Want more details about the application process? You can find step-by-step instructions on our Student Financial Assistance website by visiting the pages for full-time OSAP or part-time OSAP

If you’re from another province or territory in Canada, please visit our out-of-province loans website. If you’re an American citizen, please visit our U.S. student loans website.

International students can find more information under “Services and Supports” below.

Remember to complete your course intentions and enrolments for both fall and winter semesters! Not doing so may lead to delays or decreases in your funding.


Graduating this Fall?

If you're almost at the end of your journey at Ryerson, congratulations! 

In order to graduate, you need to apply to graduate through your RAMSS account. You can still apply to graduate in fall (October) 2021. There is no late fee until Saturday, July 31, 2021; a non-refundable late fee applies August 1, 2021 - August 15, 2021. Find out more about Applying to Graduate.

More Information

Current Students

Find links to all of the Registrar’s services and other helpful resources for Current Students.

Student Guides and Calendars

Student guides summarize key policies, procedures, fees and services. The Undergraduate Student Guide is a user-friendly companion to the Undergraduate Calendar. The Graduate Student Guide is the official companion to the Graduate Academic Calendar. Lincoln Alexander School of Law students should check the Student section of the Law school website.

Proof of Enrolment Letters

Undergraduate, law and continuing education students can request a Proof of Enrolment Letter to verify enrolment in a certificate or undergraduate program for RESPs or other purposes. You can request a Proof of Enrolment Letter through RAMSS and then, if you wish, share it digitally through the MyCreds Learner Portal, external link, opens in new window. When shared through MyCreds, Proof of Enrolment Letters are official and meet the legal requirements of certified digital documents around the world. 

Graduate students who require proof of enrolment should contact their graduate program administrator.

International students who require an enrolment or status letter to support their administrative needs, including immigration, please contact International Student Support at To be considered an international full-time undergraduate student, you must be enrolled in three or more billing units (typically three or more courses) each term. Graduate students can confirm their full or part-time status with their graduate program administrator.

A few notes:

  • In order to be accurate, we recommend requesting your letter after completing your course enrolments.
  • RESP company forms: The ServiceHub and the Registrar do not complete individual RESP forms - please provide your RESP provider or bank with a Proof of Enrollment letter instead. 
  • OSAP: You do not need to provide a Proof of Enrolment Letter to confirm your enrolment for OSAP purposes - our Student Financial Assistance team checks and verifies your enrolments on your behalf.
  • Service Canada Declaration of Attendance at School or University: ServiceCanada, external link, opens in new window is currently accepting Ryerson’s Proof of Enrolment Letter in lieu of the signed CPP Declaration of Attendance at School or University form, external link, opens in new window for confirming enrolment for the CPP child's benefit.  Alternatively, students can bring their completed declaration forms to the ServiceHub after the first day of class and take an Enrolment Confirmation ticket at the kiosk. A ServiceHub Ambassador will validate the form and return it to the student.

Holds that May Block Enrolment

If you are a continuing student and have any outstanding holds that block enrolment, such as a Collections Hold (COL), you may not receive a schedule and you will need to select your courses during your enrolment period. If there is a Collections Hold on your account that is attributable to COVID-19 and it is blocking your ability to enrol in courses, you may request to have the hold temporarily lifted. Submit your request for consideration by email to See more information about Collection Services.

Digital Transcripts 

Official Ryerson transcripts are issued through MyCreds, external link, opens in new window in a secure digital format and can be easily shared with and verified by employers, post-secondary institutions and other recipients. MyCreds is a leading digital credential expert and platform for certifying, sharing and verifying academic credentials. 

Learn how to request official transcripts.

Services and Supports


The ServiceHub is your front-line service centre for the Office of the Registrar, including support for undergraduate admissions, fees, financial assistance, RAMSS support, exams, class schedules, Chang School course enrolment, applying to graduate and more. Visit our ServiceHub website for details on how to connect with us by telephone, email and live chat and for updates on when we’ll resume some of our services in-person.  Learn more about how we can help you through our ServiceHub webinars and by following us at @RUServiceHub on Instagram, external link, opens in new window, Facebook, external link, opens in new window and Twitter, external link, opens in new window. Also, check out, external link, opens in new window for answers to common questions - it’s available 24 hours a day. 

Academic Advising

Your academic advisor can support your success with advice on course selection, degree requirements, curriculum, academic regulations, appeals, academic performance and referrals to other campus supports. New students are usually contacted by their Faculties/programs in early August with details about course enrolment and program orientation.

Office of the Vice-Provost, Students (OVPS)

The Office of the Vice-Provost, Students (OVPS) enables greater student engagement and success through exceptional experiences. With a focus on responsiveness and empathy, the OVPS is made up of dedicated employees who work in the Office of the Registrar, Undergraduate Admissions & Recruitment, Athletics & Recreation, Student Affairs, Student Wellbeing and International Enrolment.

If you're looking for academic help, engagement opportunities or resources to maintain your mental and emotional wellbeing, there are fantastic supports in place for new and returning students. To help you navigate the academic year ahead, we encourage you to visit RU4U - a hub of important information designed to help you succeed in this virtual post-secondary education environment.

International students

A special welcome to Ryerson University to our international students! You have made a big and important step by choosing to come to Canada and the team at International Student Support (ISS) is here to guide you along your Ryerson journey!

Our International Student Support office provides a variety of supports for international students aimed at helping you find community and connection as you learn and adjust to the Canadian environment and culture. These include community events, opens in new window, personal development and immigration advising, status letters and financial assistance through award opportunities specific to international students.

Academic Accommodations

If you live with a documented permanent or temporary disability, get the necessary academic accommodation support you need to participate fully in your studies by registering with Academic Accommodation Support.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Who do I contact if on-campus sections are full and I have an extenuating circumstance, such as an academic accommodation or disability?

Contact your program department regarding extenuating circumstances. Note there may be a delay in response due to a high volume of emails. There may be more information on your program website.

How do I apply for Transfer Credits?

Apply as soon as possible! 

The undergraduate deadline for a completed application for the start of the fall term is Tuesday, August 3, 2021. Applications will be accepted after this date, although the results may not be available before the fall term begins.

Graduate students, contact your graduate program administrator. Completed forms must be submitted to the graduate program office.

Find out more about how to apply and deadlines on the Transfer Credit website.

What technology do I need to access Ryerson's online learning resources?

See minimum technology requirements for remote learning.

What services are provided by the Ryerson University Library?

The University Library is here for you whether you are learning on-campus or online. The Library offers access to academic learning and study spaces, online and in-person research help, workshops and events, a vast collection of ejournals, ebooks and print resources, as well as laptop loans, and customized online course readings. 

 The Library team is working to ensure you have access to its learning and study spaces to allow for easy and safe movement between in-person and online courses. Desktop computers and laptops will be available, and Library staff are ready to help you succeed in all your learning! 

This fall, first-year students can connect with their subject-specific librarian, opens in new window for support, and will have online, and gradual in-person access to all key academic Library services, opens in new window and experiential learning opportunities. 

Follow the Library on Instagram, external link or Twitter, external link. Find more information on services, resources and research workshops on the Library website.

How do I get my student card?

The OneCard is your key to Ryerson’s services and an important part of verifying your identity. To ensure your card is ready for when you attend campus, apply online. At present, OneCards are only available to students attending in-person classes or accessing on-campus services. See more information about the OneCard.

Where can I buy my textbooks, RU gear and computer supplies?

Order your textbooks, course materials and RU gear through the Campus Store, opens in new window. The physical store is temporarily closed due to COVID-19 but will safely re-open as public guidelines allow.

Where can I find out more about campus?

For all things campus life, check out Student Affairs, Campus Life, and Ryerson Today News and Events.

Follow us on social on RU Student Life's Twitter, external link, opens in new window,  Instagram, external link, opens in new window, Facebook ,, external link, opens in new windowand Blog, opens in new window. Plus, you can always check out Ryerson's main Instagram, external link, opens in new windowRU Twitter, external link, opens in new window and RU Facebook, external link, opens in new window.

Contact Information