In undergraduate degree programs Academic Standings are: Clear, Probationary, Required to Withdraw, Permanent Program Withdrawal, and Disciplinary Suspension. Your Academic Standing is determined from your grades at the end of each term. See Academic Standings and Academic Standing Variations in the calendar for further information.
Why have I been assigned a Clear Academic Standing?
- Your cumulative grade point average (CGPA) was at least 1.67 and
- You did not violate a Department/School Standing Variation, or
- You did not violate the terms of your Probationary Contract
Why have I been assigned a Probationary Academic Standing?
Why have I been assigned a Required to Withdraw Academic Standing?
- Your cumulative grade point average (CGPA) was less than 1.00, or
- Your term grade point average (TGPA) was below 1.67 while on probation, or
- You have violated a Department/School Standing Variation, or
- You have violated the terms of your Probationary Contract
Why have I been assigned a Permanently Withdrawn Academic Standing?
- You were reinstated into your program after being Required to Withdraw and you did not fulfill the conditions under which you were reinstated, or
- You received a second Required to Withdraw standing, or
- You failed a required course for the third time
For more detailed information on Academic Standings please visit the current Undergraduate Academic Calendar or speak to your Program Department.