Scholarly, Research and Creative (SRC) Activity Advisory Committee
A representative of each Faculty at Ryerson participates in the SRC Representatives Group. They assist the OVPRI in identifying and developing research-related priorities, policies, and activities for the university. Researchers are encouraged to contact their Faculty representative for information about Faculty-specific research initiatives, such as:
- To solicit and co-ordinate the SRC issues and concerns of their respective Faculties.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of information and the discussion of SRC issues and concerns.
- To provide input and advice to the OVPRI regarding strategies for enhancing SRC activity at Ryerson.
- To review the effectiveness of existing SRC initiatives and to recommend changes as required.
- To receive periodic reports from the OVPRI on the University’s performance in major grant competitions in relation to other university comparators.
- To meet periodically with representatives of various units within the University who play an essential role in realizing the SRC mission of the University.
- To co-ordinate periodic reviews of the University’s strategic research plans and to recommend revisions as required.
- To draft and/or review SRC-related policies in preparation for submission to the SRC Activity Standing Committee of Senate.
The members of the SRC Activity Advisory Committee also serve on the SRC Activity Standing Committee of the Senate.
View the SRC Activity Advisory Committee (pdf) for 2015-2016.
The SRC Activity Standing Committee of the Senate
The SRC Activity Standing Committee of the Senate is a standing committee concerned with ensuring that Ryerson's academic policies support the university's mission of engaging in Scholarly, Research and Creative (SRC) activity. In this regard, the Committee shall:
- Receive reports regarding SRC activity, funding, and accomplishments at Ryerson.
- Provide input into the strategic planning process and recommend to Senate those plans requiring the university's approval.
- Review issues pertaining to SRC activity at Ryerson and identify areas where university policy is required.
- Formulate and recommend to Senate policies that promote and support SRC activity at Ryerson.
- Review existing SRC activity policies periodically and recommend any revisions to Senate.
If you have any questions about the SRC Activity Advisory Committee, please contact Veronica Cumberbatch, Office of the Vice President, Research and Innovation at email@example.com.