The Blockchain Technology Review Committee (BTRC) Consultation Program links academic experts in the field of blockchain with Canadian small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that are developing products which rely on blockchain technologies.
This Program will evaluate the real-world readiness of a product or concept and provide guidance through a consultation process. This process includes an independent assessment of the feasibility and practicality of the proposed blockchain technology.
The support offered through this Program will help companies to make informed decisions about both the viability of planned approaches and the return on investment of using blockchain as a solution for their business problems.
The outcomes of this assessment will provide the companies with practical and actionable advice to help them commercialize their proposed solutions.
This Program is for your SME if:
- You are looking to validate your concept for a blockchain solution.
- You are unsure how to take your product concept to market.
- You are looking for research partners or funding programs.
Clients can expect:
- Connections to leading researchers in the field of blockchain.
- Identification of technical risks associated with the client’s particular application early in the development process.
- An in-depth review to ensure these technical risks are minimized.
- Analysis of the client’s use of blockchain technologies to validate it as the best option for their proposed application.
- An action plan that includes who can assist the client and what they need to work on to continue the development process and launch their blockchain-based product.
This Program is made possible through funding from the National Research Council Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP).