Frequently Asked Questions
What is the funding amount?
The successful applicants will become clients of the BTRC Consulting Program. This will include support from a BTRC member within a specified 45-day period. (Valued at $19,500.)
How much is the Program fee?
Applicants who are accepted into the Program will pay a non-refundable $5,000 Program fee.
All other Program fees are paid by the Program partners.
Am I eligible?
- The applicant must be a Canadian (incorporated) small- and medium-sized enterprise (SME) with fewer than 500 employees.
- The applicant must be proposing a blockchain (distributed ledger) technological solution to address identified challenges.
- The applicant must demonstrate a capability to continue to commercialize their product following the BTRC Program.
- The BTRC Program will not support the original R&D of a company to develop a blockchain technology.
Who is this Program for?
- SMEs looking to validate their concept for a blockchain solution.
- SMEs unsure how to take their product concept to market.
- SMEs seeking research partners or funding programs.
What is the submission deadline?
Applications are accepted and reviewed on a first-come first-served basis while funding for the Program is available.
How do I apply?
Submit an application via the BTRC portal, external link.