Culture & Creativity
Art and creative expression expand the ways we think about the world and our place in it, enrich our lives, and help us arrive at creative solutions to real-world problems.
Blurring the line between conventional research and creative practice, and drawing from a diverse urban and academic milieu, Ryerson faculty combine traditional media with new technologies to drive innovation in design and culture industries. Fields of inquiry range from the digital humanities, photography, and theatre to augmented reality, activist art, and the protection of cultural heritage.
Using a range of methods of curation and creation in fields such as journalism, communication, marketing, and pioneering forms of accessible design, our SRC leaders are forging new practices and standards for academic, professional, business, and public audiences.
- Centre for Communicating Knowledge (CCK), opens in new window
- Centre for Digital Humanities, opens in new window
- Centre for Fashion Diversity & Social Change, opens in new window
- Centre for Free Expression, opens in new window
- Documentary Media Research Centre, opens in new window
- Future of Sport Lab (FSL), external link, opens in new window
- Institute for Hospitality and Tourism Research, opens in new window
- Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Studies Centre, opens in new window
- Modern Literature and Culture Research Centre, opens in new window
- Print Media Research Centre, opens in new window