Management, Entrepreneurs + Competitiveness
Universities of the 21st century have to venture beyond their traditional academic roots to embrace innovation that is relevant to industry and the economic prosperity of Canada.
Ryerson's unique model aims to position the University within an innovation ecosystem. A wide range of SRC activities at Ryerson therefore focus on promoting the entrepreneurial mindset as well as new models of leadership and management, and the study of organizational effectiveness and productivity.
As an Ashoka Changemaker Campus, Ryerson also emphasizes the integration of business and entrepreneurship into the pursuit of socially relevant goals, in alignment with our City Building & Social Justice theme, increasing the impact of social ventures such as student enterprise projects.
Areas of SRC activity in Management, Entrepreneurship, & Competitiveness include:
- Increasing our understanding of business and immigration and transnational entrepreneurship to build trade, increase productivity and sustainability, and improve employment.
- Helping organizations effectively use their internal resources through management research that is improving labour conditions while allowing organizations to stay agile and competitive.
- Bridging disciplines and approaches to explore the applications of big data and information to identify patterns, improve processes, and develop new products and services.
- Cultivating a culture of social entrepreneurship across a wide range of disciplines to address societal challenges in areas aligned with the UN's Sustainable Development Goals.
Related Research and Innovation Centres, Institutes and Zones
- Canada-China Institute for Business and Development (CCIBD), external link, opens in new window
- Centre for Engineering Innovation & Entrepreneurship, opens in new window
- Centre for Labour Management Relations (CLMR), opens in new window
- Centre for the Study of Commercial Activity (CSCA), opens in new window
- Diversity Institute (DI), opens in new window
- DMZ Sandbox (formerly known as Launch Zone, external link, opens in new window)
- Entrepreneurship Research Institute (ERI), opens in new window
- iBoost, external link, opens in new window
- Incubate Innovate Network of Canada (I-INC), external link, opens in new window
- Institute for Hospitality and Tourism Research, opens in new window
- Institute for Innovation and Technology Management, opens in new window
- Institute for Study of Corporate Social Responsibility, opens in new window
- Privacy and Big Data Institute, opens in new window
- Social Media Lab, external link, opens in new window
- The DMZ (#1 ranked university business incubator in North America), opens in new window
- Ted Rogers Leadership Centre, opens in new window