Our Partner - International SOS
Taking full advantage of the services available to you
Ryerson has joined forces with International SOS to offer our students, faculty, and staff medical, safety and security expertise and help when traveling or living abroad. Your International SOS membership card is PDF fileavailable here for you to print and keep handy at all times. You can also go to your Smartphone browser and enter external,http//:app.internationalsos.com which gives you timely medical and security updates on your location.
What this means for you
When you are away from home and in unfamiliar surroundings, there are some events that you can't predict. You may become ill, lose your passport, run out of medication or simply need advice. As an International SOS member, you receive extended security assistance 24/7 no matter where you study or travel internationally on Ryerson's behalf.
International SOS does everything possible to keep members healthy, safe and secure in any situation. They give members access to:
- A worldwide network of 27 assistance centers staffed by doctors, nurses, coordinators and security professionals; more than 45 clinics and a fleet of air ambulances;
- Real-time health and logistics professionals, with local expertise, preventative advice and emergency assistance that have access to more than 79,000+ global assistance network approved, vetted providers;
- Members-only website with additional tools and resources.
When to use your membership
Contact International SOS anytime, anywhere when you venture out of the country on a Ryerson sponsored trip. No issue is too small. Consider them your reliable, virtual advisor for both critical and routine questions if you need:
- Advice before your trip;
- A referral for a local doctor, dentist or other care;
- Routine or urgent medical care, including an evacuation;
- Safety or security advice from a trained professional.
When in doubt, call International SOS for compassionate, reassuring support
Visit external,www.internationalsos.com and enter the Ryerson membership number for access to travel reports and other helpful travel resources.