Incoming Exchange Students
Ryerson University boasts a wide variety of programs that participate in exchanges. Incoming students benefit from a real-world, relevant curriculum that lets them practice while they learn.
For more information regarding the academic aspect of your exchange, please contact the appropriate faculty/program specific student exchange contact.
To learn more about Ryerson’s academic programs before applying, visit Ryerson’s faculty pages.
To be eligible to participate in an exchange at Ryerson you will need to have:
- Currently registered at an institution that has an exchange agreement with Ryerson University.
- Completed at least one academic year with a full course load at your home university.
- The ability to conduct written and group work in English.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or 70% equivalent.
In addition to being eligible to participate in an exchange to Ryerson, all exchange students must be nominated by their home institution's International Office prior to applying to Ryerson.
How do I get nominated for exchange?
You must apply to your home institution's exchange program first. Contact your home institution's International Office for details. Once you have been accepted into the exchange program at your home institution you can then proceed to apply to Ryerson.
Things to do and send to your home institution's exchange coordinator:
- Complete the online application form. Once the form is submitted you will be issued a tracking number. Print the page with your tracking number and sign it.
- Submit your transcript.
- Create a study plan: a list of courses (plus backups) you intend to study at Ryerson. Note that your study plan does not guarantee you places in the courses selected.
*Please note that some programs require additional documentation
For information regarding the academic curriculum of each program at Ryerson, please visit the undergraduate academic calendar. Note that the academic calendar does not confirm course offerings for specific semesters of study (i.e. Fall or Winter terms). The courses available to students during their exchange at Ryerson will be provided by their academic exchange coordinator prior to the start of their semester.
Having problems? Contact us at email@example.com.
Ryerson University hopes to facilitate a smooth process of sending and receiving exchange students with exchange partner institutions. We take pride in providing an engaging experience for all exchange students choosing to come to Toronto to study at Ryerson.
Sending Exchange Students to Ryerson?
The documentation listed in the How to Apply section above should be sent to the respective faculty exchange coordinator as a single PDF file. Applications will be processed once all supporting documents have been received and will be reviewed by the relevant academic departments for approval.
- Fall Term (September through December) – January to February
- Winter Term (January through April) – July to August
- Fall Term (September through December) – Beginning of April
- Winter Term (January through April) – Beginning of October
For more information including exact dates for the current academic year, please download our PDF fileexchange program fact sheet. Please note that each exchange partner university is associated with specific academic units at the university. If you are unsure as to the participating academic units in your agreement, please ask us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send applications and required documentation directly to the appropriate student exchange contact depending on each of the nominees host faculty at Ryerson.
Inside and outside the classroom at Ryerson, students have the opportunity to build new skills in a dynamic learning environment. Students with innovative, entrepreneurial ideas are given the opportunity to turn their learning into businesses through Zone Learning, a network of interconnected Zones that provides a platform for young entrepreneurs to collaborate with their peers and get the resources and support they need to take their ideas to the next level.