Location: SID 203
Typically a facility of this type is the hub of any professional design studio; it is a key learning resource here at The School of Interior Design. The Design Centre houses a comprehensive and current collection of interior product catalogues and materials relevant to the study and practice of interior design. Our Resource Specialist and student assistants staff the Centre throughout the year. The centre also contains a reference collection of unique design-related books and magazines. The more students learn about materials and their properties, the more successful their projects become.
The centre staff are there to:
- aid students with research regarding interior materials and furnishing/equipment
- advise on FF&E project requirements
- order special samples from manufacturers when warranted
- keep students apprised of new, innovative and sustainable interior materials and products
- coordinate informal information sessions for students