You are now in the main content area
Ryerson’s School of Urban and Regional Planning provides you with challenging and rewarding opportunities to put your theory into practice through professional field placement electives.
In your third or fourth year, you’ll have the opportunity to gain experience with planning agencies and community organizations through one professional field placement elective (PLE 785).
You’ll spend one to two days per week applying your knowledge to practice while being exposed to a range of practical, organizational, political and professional issues.
- Field placements are unpaid
- Summer employment cannot be used for academic credit
- You can participate in a maximum of one placement
- Current students will receive placement information by August 15 (for the fall term) and December 15 (for the winter term).
- You must have a clear academic standing and a minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Other criteria may be specified
For more information, please contact Christopher De Sousa.