You are now in the main content area
Awards and Ceremonials Committee (AWCC)
Terms of Reference
- to approve, on behalf of Senate, the award of graduate and undergraduate degrees and certificates, Honorary Doctorate degrees and various medals and awards for excellence;
- to recommend to Senate, via the SPC (which includes both President and Provost), policies and procedures respecting the awarding of, as well as the ceremonies associated with, the awarding of degrees, certificates, medals, and other marks of academic achievement.
- the Provost and Vice-President Academic, who shall serve as chair;
- the Vice-Provost and Dean, Yeates School of Graduate Studies;
- one (1) tenured faculty member, not necessarily a Senator, from each Faculty, nominated by the Deans of their respective Faculties;
- one (1) Chair/Director/Dean/Associate Dean from each Faculty, nominated by the Deans of their respective Faculties, at least one of whom must be a Chair/Director;
- two (2) Program Directors from the Chang School, nominated by the Dean of the Chang School;
- one (1) undergraduate student Senator, selected pursuant to Article 220.127.116.11;
- one (1) graduate student Senator, selected pursuant to Article 18.104.22.168;
- the Registrar (non-voting);
- the Director, Convocation and Awards (non-voting);
- the Secretary of Senate (non-voting).
The AWCC reports directly to Senate regarding its regular business. It directs to the SPC recommendations regarding policy changes or changes to its terms of reference or composition.