Consent Action Team
Consent Comes First’s Consent Action Team (CAT) offers a unique and valuable opportunity for Ryerson students to receive comprehensive training on sexual violence prevention and provides opportunities to create a culture of consent at Ryerson. CAT members assist with the planning and implementation of peer education, awareness campaigns and more.
Why join the Consent Action Team?
- Become part of the movement to build consent culture on campus
- Develop in-depth knowledge about sexual violence
- Be part of a team that advocates for social change
- Meet other students who are passionate about creating a world without sexual violence
- Gain skills to support survivors of sexual violence
- Experience personal and professional growth
- Receive letters of recommendation and/or certificate of volunteering
- Build your resume for graduate school and/or employment
Who is eligible?
This volunteer opportunity is open to students of all genders who are registered at Ryerson University during the 2021/22 school year. Candidates must be 18 years of age or older at the time of application. We are looking for empathetic, non-judgmental and dedicated individuals who want to contribute to the Ryerson community in a meaningful way.
What is required?
- All CAT members must complete a mandatory training
- CAT members are expected to attend meetings throughout the academic year.
- It is expected that CAT members will participate in 5 programming initiatives throughout each semester, or a total of 5 to 15 hours per month to assist with CCF outreach and awareness activities.
- CAT members must commit to both Fall and Winter semesters in the 2021/2022 academic year in order to receive a referral letter or certificate of volunteering
I’m interested in joining the Consent Action Team! What’s next?
- google formComplete and submit the CAT Volunteer application form by September 10th, 2021, external link
- Successful candidates will attend an virtual volunteer training in Fall 2021
- Following training, we’ll connect with each individual to confirm areas of interest and how your skills can best be showcased through your volunteer work
For any other questions, please email email@example.com and a member of the Consent Comes First team would be happy to speak with you.