What is it?
Temporary income support for post-secondary students and new post-secondary graduates who are not eligible for CERB or EI.
$1,250 per month; or
$2,000 per month for students with dependents or those with a disability
Am I Eligible?
Open to domestic students who have:
- Been enrolled in post-secondary studies that leads to a degree, diploma, or certificate between December 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020;
- Graduated from secondary school in 2020 and applied for & will be joining a post-secondary program beginning before February 1, 2021; and
- For COVID-related reasons, are unemployed and unable to find work, or are currently employed but earning under $1,000 a month (before taxes)
Domestic Student: Domestic students are those who are Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or protected persons. International students are not eligible for this program.
How do I claim it?
Application available now on the Canada Revenue Agency website. All applications for this benefit must be submitted by September 30, 2020.
Important Information for OSAP Recipients
If you are receiving OSAP for the spring/summer semester and are receiving full-time spring/summer OSAP, you are required to declare CESB earnings as government income on your OSAP application. To update your application, please scan and upload a letter to your OSAP account including the following information:
- Your full name, Ryerson student number, and the date
- The amount of CESB received during your spring/summer study period and the period during which you are receiving these payments (e.g. $6,000 from CESB between May 1 and August 31).
Upload your letter through your online OSAP account using the "Optional uploads" link on the Required Documents page. Your OSAP funding will be recalculcated based on the updated income information.