You are now in the main content area
Student Financial Assistance During COVID-19
On May 13, 2020, the Office of Social Innovation (OSI) and Student Financial Assistance (SFA) at Ryerson University partnered to host a virtual Town Hall on Student Financial Assistance during COVID-19. The purpose of this Town Hall was to respond to pressing student inquiries and needs about financial aid during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Led by Carly Basian, Manager of Student Financial Assistance, the Town Hall aims to provide answers to the following questions:
- What is SFA doing to help Ryerson students during this time?
- What funding has been made available for students (at the university, provincially, federally)?
- How will COVID-19 affect my OSAP funding?
- What happens if I can't return to my studies because I can't afford tuition/living expenses?
- Can I speak with someone in SFA about my current situation?
In addition to the recording, a copy of the Town Hall presentation slides and transcript have been made available below.
SFA COVID-19 Supports
SFA has created a high-level summary of the recently-announced student financial aid supports being offered through the provincial and federal governments in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Click the button below to visit their website and learn more about supports being offered.