To provide financial assistance and to recognize the academic achievement of a graduating/newly graduated Master of Social Work student who has accepted employment in the field of accident related trauma recovery, supporting individuals and families throughout their rehabilitation and recovery process and adjustment to life following accident trauma.
Priority will be awarded to a student who secured employment in the field of accident related trauma recovery, in one of the following capacities: hospital trauma center, in-patient rehabilitation facility, or community based agency specializing in accident related trauma recovery.
To be eligible for this award, applicants must:
- Have accepted employment in the accident-related trauma recovery field (as defined above).
- Be graduating at the upcoming fall convocation ceremony OR have graduated at the previous spring convocation ceremony.
- Be graduating OR have graduated with a minimum CGPA of 3.00.
Graduate students interested in crisis and trauma recovery with families may also be considered.
Complete applications must include:
- A one-page personal statement that demonstrates your commitment to the field of trauma recovery and to working in a rehabilitation and health care environment. Be clear in showing how your work/commitment fits within the context of trauma; you may want to provide a brief definition of trauma within the context of your practice.
- An up-to-date resume.
- Confirmation of employment by your current or future employer.
October 31st of each year.
Submit your application directly to Milene Ferreira, Graduate Program Administrator, via email at email@example.com.
In the subject line, include your first name and last name, along with the following text: "Application for Neinstein Personal Injury Lawyers Graduate Award".
The School of Social Work presents this award annually at the School of Social Work Awards Ceremony. The award recipient will be notified before the award presentation.